Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact # for Citibank?

tag
CBuff
New Contributor

Contact # for Citibank?

I disputed a Citibank Card on my CR as I've never held a Citicard. In response I received a letter requesting a copy of my CR dated w/in the last 30 days and a letter explaining my dispute.

I'd rather not provide my CR to them as obviously it contains sensitive information; why are they asking me to provide my report to them? Is there a number where I can talk to someone about this?

Thanks!
Starting scores in 2007: sub 600
April 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 683; TU - 675
June 22, 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 694; TU - 685
June 29, 2011 scores: EXP -681 ; EQ - 694; TU - 710
Goal: 700+
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contact # for Citibank?

I wouldn't send them a copy of my CR if my life depended on it!

You bet! Why are they asking YOU for a copy???? If they want a copy, they can do a soft pull on you, and it costs you nothing!

Is it Citibank who is requesting it??? It don't make sense to me. That's just plain silly.

Is there any phone number on the letter they sent you? I'd call them.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sylviatob wrote:
I wouldn't send them a copy of my CR if my life depended on it!

You bet! Why are they asking YOU for a copy???? If they want a copy, they can do a soft pull on you, and it costs you nothing!

Is it Citibank who is requesting it??? It don't make sense to me. That's just plain silly.

Is there any phone number on the letter they sent you? I'd call them.

I've heard of Citi requesting a CR for recon before.  I agree with Sylvia.  I wouldn't do it, but that's just me.  There's lots of information on a CR that's meant for your eyes only, and it only appears on reports that you pull yourself.  Citi has no business seeing anyone's soft inquiries.

Edited:  Whoops, I misread OP's post.  You're not asking for recon.  you're disputing something they're reporting.

The proper place to dispute an item on your CR is through the CRAs.  Don't send Citi a copy of your CR for disputing purposes under any circumstances.

Message Edited by cheddar on 02-26-2008 10:37 AM
Message 3 of 7
CBuff
New Contributor

Sylvia - exactly why should *I* be the one to provide my CR to them? They report on it every month, they should know the info. This account is on all three of my CRs too. It is Citi who is requesting the info; the letter is on Citibank letterhead but NO phone number at all!
Starting scores in 2007: sub 600
April 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 683; TU - 675
June 22, 2011 scores: EXP - 662; EQ - 694; TU - 685
June 29, 2011 scores: EXP -681 ; EQ - 694; TU - 710
Goal: 700+
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

cBuff - sylvia said that you should NOT send them a copy of your CR...  I agree - you definitely shouldn't.  Does it list a contact number on your CR for CITI - I would try calling that or check around on the site for a backdoor number to their credit dept...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

CB, I have no idea! I'd be on the phone with them. But where to start?

Gosh, I guess a starting place would be with the local Citi branch. They can look numbers up. They've got a corporate directory. If it has a name give them the name.

I don't have any numbers for Citi. Wish I did. If you have an account with them, start with the #'s you have and work your way up to the person who 'signed' your letter.

At least it's a start.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stop dealing with Citi and dispute with the CRAs.  That is the proper dispute procedure, and doing otherwise will not protect your rights under the FCRA.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.