cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contacted Capital One EO.....still waiting.

tag
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

Contacted Capital One EO.....still waiting.

Is this a bad sign?  I emailed them a few weeks ago, and they responded via email within a day asking me to call in.  I put off calling in because I was unsure, but after reading so many success stories, I called in on Monday.  Spoke to a very polite lady who took the normal info that many have mentioned on this forum.  She said she would call me back withn a few days.  So far nothing.......no call and no CLI (I've checked).  So..is this a bad sign?  lol!  If denied, do they send  you a letter or call you back to let you know the bad news? 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Bobert22
Contributor

Re: Contacted Capital One EO.....still waiting.

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Is this a bad sign?  I emailed them a few weeks ago, and they responded via email within a day asking me to call in.  I put off calling in because I was unsure, but after reading so many success stories, I called in on Monday.  Spoke to a very polite lady who took the normal info that many have mentioned on this forum.  She said she would call me back withn a few days.  So far nothing.......no call and no CLI (I've checked).  So..is this a bad sign?  lol!  If denied, do they send  you a letter or call you back to let you know the bad news? 

I'm still waiting as well. I emailed them Thursday night and recieved a call Friday afternoon. Asked for CLI from $500 to $9000 or whatever they could counter offer me. Card opened since 2006, never late payments, or any derogatory marks (same thing goes for the credit report).

Still waiting and check everyday. They did say 5-7 business days so maybe it'll take a bit! I've seen other on the forum have noticed CLI within 1-2 days.

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 2 of 14
MrxLeo
Contributor

Did they give you an exact day when they will call you back?  I spoke with the EO last Wednesday and they told me they would submit my file for review and get back to me on Tuesday (yesterday). I was traveling yesterday so I decided to try them first on Monday. I spoke to the rep and they already had my decision (an approval for CLI) but she didn't have a chance to call me back with it yet. So just give them a call and they should be able to tell you if it's still pending or if they have an answer for you. Good luck!

Starting Score: 609
Current Score: EX: 723 (08/18), TU: 741 (08/15), EQ: 695(08/15)
Goal Score: 785

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 14
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

I'm still waiting as well. I emailed them Thursday night and recieved a call Friday afternoon. Asked for CLI from $500 to $9000 or whatever they could counter offer me. Card opened since 2006, never late payments, or any derogatory marks (same thing goes for the credit report).

Still waiting and check everyday. They did say 5-7 business days so maybe it'll take a bit! I've seen other on the forum have noticed CLI within 1-2 days.

So you and I are in the same boat...waiting! LOL!  My credit profile is a bit similiar to yours.  I've been with them two years, never late on any accounts and no baddies.
I've been checking everyday as well hoping for a nice surprise, but so far no news.  The person I spoke to said a few day, but you are right, I searched the forum and it seemed like most were getting CLI within 1-2 days..lol! 

Message 4 of 14
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@MrxLeo wrote:

Did they give you an exact day when they will call you back?  I spoke with the EO last Wednesday and they told me they would submit my file for review and get back to me on Tuesday (yesterday). I was traveling yesterday so I decided to try them first on Monday. I spoke to the rep and they already had my decision (an approval for CLI) but she didn't have a chance to call me back with it yet. So just give them a call and they should be able to tell you if it's still pending or if they have an answer for you. Good luck!

Yeah, she saidshe would submit my file for review and will call me back "in a few days."  I will wait until the end of the week and give her a call back if I don't hear back from her before then.  And Congrats on your CLI! :-)

Message 5 of 14
Bobert22
Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

So you and I are in the same boat...waiting! LOL!  My credit profile is a bit similiar to yours.  I've been with them two years, never late on any accounts and no baddies.
I've been checking everyday as well hoping for a nice surprise, but so far no news.  The person I spoke to said a few day, but you are right, I searched the forum and it seemed like most were getting CLI within 1-2 days..lol! 

Alright so I checked my online account this afternoon and saw Capital One increased my CL to $3000 from $500. Shortly after (I believe like 3 hours), I received a call from the same lady from the EO and she told me of the increase and that they weren't able to give me the original $9000 I had requested. So I told her that I want them to match my current highest credit limit which is $7500 from Chase Freedom account or else I would cLose the account. She said she'll send my application in for review again to the underwriting team and she'll contact me in a few days and also told me there were no guarantees. 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000

Message 6 of 14
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Alright so I checked my online account this afternoon and saw Capital One increased my CL to $3000 from $500. Shortly after (I believe like 3 hours), I received a call from the same lady from the EO and she told me of the increase and that they weren't able to give me the original $9000 I had requested. So I told her that I want them to match my current highest credit limit which is $7500 from Chase Freedom account or else I would cLose the account. She said she'll send my application in for review again to the underwriting team and she'll contact me in a few days and also told me there were no guarantees. 

Congratulations on your progress thus far!

Message 7 of 14
Bobert22
Contributor

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Thanks man! keeping my fingers crossed!

any luck with checking your credit limit online thru Capitalone.com? It'll be posted there before you get the call from EO. 

Message 8 of 14
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Do you think that they will double the limit they gave you on your first review? Seems a little unreasonable to me. The second reviewer is probably going to see all of the same information, so why would they get a different result? Why can't you just be happy with you 600% increase?

Also - would you actually close the card if they call your bluff?

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 9 of 14
Fresh-Start
Frequent Contributor

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

@Bobert22 wrote:

@Fresh-Start wrote:

Thanks man! keeping my fingers crossed!

any luck with checking your credit limit online thru Capitalone.com? It'll be posted there before you get the call from EO. 

Yup, I've been checking the website and via text message...LOL!!! Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.