Contactless EMV Signature American Express

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Contactless EMV Signature American Express

@jsucool76 wrote:
I'll never understand why they refer to them as "contactless."

They are pretty much in "contact" with the reader when you "tap to pay."

You don't have to tap.  It just needs to be within range of the terminal.  But, as stated above, contacless refers to the cards using radio waves instead of a physical electrical contact (i.e. mag stripe or the contacts for EMV).

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone gotten a cash back contactless card yet? (BCE/BCP/TE)? That's not a charge card?

They've have been avaialable for quite some time now.  Well, at least some of them.  I got my contactless & C&S BCP about a year ago.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Dual-interface-Amex-cards-now-available/td-p/3563103

Message 21 of 22
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: Contactless EMV Signature American Express

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@JTC403 wrote:

Contactless EMV Signature American Express

I just chatted and asked for the CONTACTLESS replacment card... and they sent them for the Gold Charge, Green Card, Gold Delta, and Business Green  all contactless emv and signature 

I just chatted asking for a Gold Delta Contactless card and the CSR said no, not available. Said he was making a note in my file that if it came available, I'd be notified.

I may call on the phone in a few days, during business hours just to see if I get a different answer.

That's exactly what I was about to ask. Oh well, maybe the Delta card will get it eventually (or I'll just apply for/PC to something else of theirs that does have it).

OP says it's available for Delta Gold, and so I'm going on the theory that my CSR didn't know what he was talking about, and I just need to find the CSR that does know the Delta Gold has Contactless Smiley Happy

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.