Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continental Airlines World Master Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Continental Airlines World Master Card

Does anyone know which agency Continental Airlines World Master Card uses. My bk was finalized in 3/07 and my score are:
Ex: 702
Ep 710
Tu 630

Do you think I have a chance?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Continental Airlines World Master Card

I couldn't find anything about it on whogavemecredit.com.  I lurk on a frequent traveler message board, and the consensus there is that it's an extremely difficult card to get.
Message 2 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I couldn't find anything about it on whogavemecredit.com. I lurk on a frequent traveler message board, and the consensus there is that it's an extremely difficult card to get.

As it's a "World" card, that would make sense. Generally a World MC or a Signature Visa means that it's a no-preset-limits card, and you're allowed to go over your CL without penalty, as long as you pay it back PDQ.

These cards can be problems, in that they almost always do not report properly to the credit bureaus. Instead of reporting the limit, they just report the highest balance that you've ever had. Unless you do a one-time maxing out of the card, this reporting practice will always make your util look higher than it really is.

It looks to me like the card is issued by Chase, which doesn't tell you much as lately Chase has been pulling from all three CRA's, depending on the card and geography:

The Continental Airlines World MasterCard® from Chase
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 8
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

It's a Chase card so even if you get denied, you can call and recon it.  lol,
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME! Thank you very much for your input!
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase told me they pulled EQ and TU. I only see a hard pull on EQ though. Maybe they did a soft, or maybe they did it recently.

interestingly, the first CSR I spoke to 2 weeks ago told me they almost exclusively pull EX! Smiley Wink 
Message 6 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase told me they pulled EQ and TU. I only see a hard pull on EQ though. Maybe they did a soft, or maybe they did it recently.
interestingly, the first CSR I spoke to 2 weeks ago told me they almost exclusively pull EX! Smiley Wink

From what I've read Chase seems to be pretty random. They have pulled EQ for everything for me, new accounts, CLIs, everything. However when I called to recon a CLI turn down last week they harded TU (didn't tell me they were going to do so, but I guess my recon is PP).
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

And remember that Chase inqs often display as "First USA."
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.