Converted Chase Freedom from VISA to MC

tag
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: Converted Chase Freedom from VISA to MC

@LS2982 wrote:

@OlegWasHere wrote:

what are the pros of switching over? 

The only pro for me was I have only one MC and thats in litle iddy biddy pieces on the bottom of my shredder can (Cap1), and I have 3 Visa's so I need a good rewards MC.

Isn't the reward structure based off the card itself and not the network it runs on?

Message 11 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@logan_720 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@OlegWasHere wrote:

what are the pros of switching over? 

The only pro for me was I have only one MC and thats in litle iddy biddy pieces on the bottom of my shredder can (Cap1), and I have 3 Visa's so I need a good rewards MC.

Isn't the reward structure based off the card itself and not the network it runs on?

Yes, but occasionally the Visa network is down for whatever reason, so having a MC does help.  The rewards are neutral, but I think LS was looking at this more from a: "MC which doesn't suck" perspective.  Though admittedly that's a hugely relattive statement.

        
Message 12 of 13
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I got a CSP and Freedom in February, both Visas. I asked if I could change the Freedom to Mastercard, they said I had to wait a year.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.