Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting 0 BT Offers To Cash?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Converting 0 BT Offers To Cash?

@gdale6 ooh perfect thank you! Any CU recommendations for this?
Message 11 of 21
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Oddly enough when i went to do a BT awhile back with Miss Discover.. I was never given the option to deposit to checking... it required I actually enter the card numbers with addresses to pay it off... Was it buried somewhere or I just wasn't eligible for that type of BT?

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saeren no not the checks, how to use these 0 BT fee and 0% BT APR offers. These only give you the option to BT from another CC. I'd like to be able to convert them to cash somehow.
Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joltdude just did one awhile back w/ Disco over the phone and went straight into checking... @ 3% fee. Would be great if I could find a way to utilize these types of offers same way.
Message 14 of 21
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

Logix FCU offers $0/0% platinum card. The BT 0% is good for 12mo but purchases or transfers must be made within 60days of account opening. I did this last year. After that, it’s standard APR which was 9% at the time. Still pretty dang low. They overnight a check made out to you to deposit.
The account is managed online very similar to a line of credit attached to a check/savings account that is required to be a member. From time to time, they send out offers to do more BT at a lower 3% rate rather than 0%, but no fee.
Something to keep in mind is that any transfers made after the 60days is considered a cash advance and interest is charged daily from the date of the advance. No fee for that though.
Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@Saeren no not the checks, how to use these 0 BT fee and 0% BT APR offers. These only give you the option to BT from another CC. I'd like to be able to convert them to cash somehow.

Right it’s the same difference. Convenience checks of BT to checking. Like I said, most of these offers specifically don’t allow you to use them in a manner that results in you getting a free cash loan but if people find them, I am certainly interested in hearing about them. 

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@marmaladepie wrote:
Logix FCU offers $0/0% platinum card. The BT 0% is good for 12mo but purchases or transfers must be made within 60days of account opening. I did this last year. After that, it’s standard APR which was 9% at the time. Still pretty dang low. They overnight a check made out to you to deposit.
The account is managed online very similar to a line of credit attached to a check/savings account that is required to be a member. From time to time, they send out offers to do more BT at a lower 3% rate rather than 0%, but no fee.
Something to keep in mind is that any transfers made after the 60days is considered a cash advance and interest is charged daily from the date of the advance. No fee for that though.

Yeah just the kind of offer I would expect from a CU. Or rather only expect to see from a CU. It actually surprised me that NFCU doesn’t offer anything similar but I guess since they offer low or no APR BTs every year, it’s a decent trade off to have to pay a bit of interest on a cash advance. Looks like I’m not in their geofence though (story of my life). 

Message 17 of 21
marmaladepie
Regular Contributor

I remember when I was searching for the same last year, I just googled 0% 0$ fee cards and Logix came up. Along w First Tech fu and Alliant. Though I don’t know how easy they make it for transfers that are like cash advances etc.
Message 18 of 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
@gdale6 ooh perfect thank you! Any CU recommendations for this?

In the footprint of Idaho, Idaho Central CU

Message 19 of 21
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Oddly enough when i went to do a BT awhile back with Miss Discover.. I was never given the option to deposit to checking... it required I actually enter the card numbers with addresses to pay it off... Was it buried somewhere or I just wasn't eligible for that type of BT?

Sadly, I believe that it IS a bucketing issue.  My wife and daughter have the direct deposit option available to them from Discover, but I do not.  Never have.

Strongly debating closing Discover IT and reapplying in the future...

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.