Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Freedom bonus to UR

tag
dave0311
Established Member

Converting Freedom bonus to UR

I currently have a CSP and am looking to open both CFU and CF to earn more UR. I understand that because I have CSP I can convert the points I earn with the Freedom cards to URs. Would the $200 cash back bonuses each card offers also get converted to UR, or are the bonuses strictly cash back?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Converting Freedom bonus to UR

@dave0311 wrote:

I currently have a CSP and am looking to open both CFU and CF to earn more UR. I understand that because I have CSP I can convert the points I earn with the Freedom cards to URs. Would the $200 cash back bonuses each card offers also get converted to UR, or are the bonuses strictly cash back?

The bonuses come as URs, they just advertise them as cash back as that is easier for people to understand.

Message 2 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

100% correct. $200 will actually post as 20,000 URs. As long as all of your account show in your online account, you just go to the UR page and go to Transfer Points to transfer to CSP/CSR. As a rule, I have been doing that with my Freedom and Freedom Unlimited cards as soon as the statements close ever since the rumor popped up that Chase might be considering putting a stop to it. To be fair, that was quite a while ago and nothing ever came about, but old habits die hard.
Message 3 of 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I do the same everything gets piled into my CIP account you never know lol. Probably doesn't matter as much now that I have very low balance due to trip in January. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.