Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corporate AMEX can I be denied??

tag
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Corporate AMEX can I be denied??

One more point here is that once you establish your member since date with your Corp AMEX any future personal AMEX cards can be backdated to it.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 11 of 21
android01
Valued Contributor

I can confirm that if you've burned AMEX in the past, you'll not likely get a card even as an AU on a business card.  I have 8 AU's (employees) on my Business Platinum.  I made a new hire, and when I tried to add him as an AU, AMEX denied him.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 12 of 21
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

I had the same concerns a few years ago when I needed to get an Amex Corporate Card for my employer (a very large corporation). My credit was horrible with probably not a single good trade line. I had no problem getting the card. I started cleaning up my credit in 2010, and got a personal Amex Zync last year and a Delta Gold just last month. Both were backdated to 2008 to match the corporate card.
Message 13 of 21
CS800
Super Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
One more point here is that once you establish your member since date with your Corp AMEX any future personal AMEX cards can be backdated to it.

Happened the opposite for me.

I had an optima platinum in 2000, but got my corp amex in 2005. But my Corp AMEX says member since 2000

Message 14 of 21
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@android01 wrote:

I can confirm that if you've burned AMEX in the past, you'll not likely get a card even as an AU on a business card.  I have 8 AU's (employees) on my Business Platinum.  I made a new hire, and when I tried to add him as an AU, AMEX denied him.

+100

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 15 of 21
turts14
Regular Contributor

Sounds like given the circumstances I should be just fine.  Thank you all for your help. 

One more question will this report on my credit report? or only if I sign up for an AMEX card in the future on my own then it will back date it? 

Message 16 of 21
ptkdude
Regular Contributor

@turts14 wrote:

Sounds like given the circumstances I should be just fine.  Thank you all for your help. 

One more question will this report on my credit report? or only if I sign up for an AMEX card in the future on my own then it will back date it? 

My corporate Amex does NOT report on my credit report, though my Zync and Delta trade lines show opened the same year as the corporate card. One other note: for the corporate card I did have to provide my SSN, but that was only so they could identify me if I called in to customer service.
Message 17 of 21
android01
Valued Contributor

@turts14 wrote:

No. My business AMEX does not report on my personal credit report, and no, it doesn't report of my AU's either. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 18 of 21
jgmlk1108

No, they will not deny you (atleast with one I had awhile ago).  They will give you a lower limit than unlimited.  I think with mine it was $2,000 limit.  I had to supply my SSN but it was for identification purposes only.  I was worried and asked my office manager and she verified everyone was fine, I guess it depends on how many people have the card and are apart of your company.  My company had thousands of Amex's so the company guaranteed them no matter what.  They did a HP which I found weird, but I think it had more to do with identity purposes.  

Started: TU 500, EX 510, EQ 500
Now: TU 612, EX 600, EQ 610
Merrick Bank- $1700, CAP One QS # 1 $1075, CAP One QS #2 $1300, SONY $1700, Target $700
Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jgmlk1108 wrote:

No, they will not deny you (atleast with one I had awhile ago).  They will give you a lower limit than unlimited.  I think with mine it was $2,000 limit.  I had to supply my SSN but it was for identification purposes only.  I was worried and asked my office manager and she verified everyone was fine, I guess it depends on how many people have the card and are apart of your company.  My company had thousands of Amex's so the company guaranteed them no matter what.  They did a HP which I found weird, but I think it had more to do with identity purposes.  

+1, I believe mine was a hard pull, my FICO at the time was probably ~600 with open collections, and the company had to do a secured $2000 deposit... Really kind of embarassing.  Not a small company either (about 1000 employees). I saw a new hard inquiry (which I did not initiate) about a year ago and now have an unlimited account (better scores).

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.