Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Amex

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Costco Amex

How hard is this card to get?  Is it easier than their other cards?  The woman at Costco told me that they are mor lenient if you do it in the store.  Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you for your responses

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Costco Amex

The woman probably gets incentive pay for signing up new customers.  You may have to give us your credit history to give an opinion. Such as average age of accounts any baddies, how many hp on your credit report and current cards to name a few.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 11
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

It's easier to do it in the store because they can verify your Costco membership at the same time you apply. Otherwise, I believe the Costco True Earnings Amex has about the same qualification requirements as any other Amex revolver.

Message 3 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I think it is a it easier and you should applying store.
Message 4 of 11
compassion101
Established Contributor

I recently was approved for this card. 725ish EX fico, no late payments or chargeoffs or collections on EX, 9yo BK, 25% Util, 1 INQ in the last year. I had never applied for an AMEX before but we are shopping alot at Costco and that';s the only card they take. Hope that helps.

Message 5 of 11
negg
Frequent Contributor

Its not one of the Amex easier cards to get. Delta and BCE are easier to get.
CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 6 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@negg wrote:
Its not one of the Amex easier cards to get. Delta and BCE are easier to get.

but BCE and BCP are the same for underwriting so don't short yourself!~

Message 7 of 11
TM82
Regular Contributor

Got approved for the business version with a 3k line. One of my smaller lines, but it only use it at Costco so I won't put $3k/month through it. Only reason I got it is because I'm too lazy to carry both a Costco card and a separate Amex.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 8 of 11
tavalon
Established Member

Didn't work for me. I've been turned down twice and now I have one of their special offer letters. Trying to decide if I want to go for it. I have it on another thread.

Message 9 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@tavalon wrote:

Didn't work for me. I've been turned down twice and now I have one of their special offer letters. Trying to decide if I want to go for it. I have it on another thread.

Offer?! YES GO!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.