Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Card Question

tag
junior88
Frequent Contributor

Costco Card Question

So I did not renew my costco membership.  Currently my card is still open but I'm sure it will get closed soon.  My question is, can I call Citi to move the credit line over to my Double Cash card?  I do not recall if Citi will do that. 

Thanks!

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Card Question

Normally Citi won't allow you to move a CL. The common exception is opening a new card. If they cannot extend you any additional credit they may let you move some of your existing limits.
Message 2 of 6
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Normally Citi won't allow you to move a CL. The common exception is opening a new card. If they cannot extend you any additional credit they may let you move some of your existing limits.

Does Citi offer PC from the Costco Visa to something else? That is always an option if they allow it so he doesn't lose the limit.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 3 of 6
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Citi offer PC from the Costco Visa to something else? That is always an option if they allow it so he doesn't lose the limit.

I believe Citi is one of the only lenders that doesn't have restrictions when it comes to PCing, i.e. any card can be PC'd to any other card. OP, this might be a good idea to keep that credit.

Message 4 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe Citi is one of the only lenders that doesn't have restrictions when it comes to PCing, i.e. any card can be PC'd to any other card. OP, this might be a good idea to keep that credit.

While Citi is generally willing to do PCs to and from co-branded cards, the Costco Visa has been an exception in the past (you could PC to it, but not from it).

That said things do change, and it will only take a quick phone call to see if it's an option. 

Message 5 of 6
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@macinjosh wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

YMMV, but, when I was thinking of trying to downsize cards a few months ago, the representative I chatted with online told me that I could PC my Costco Visa to any of their other cards (including Double Cash, interestingly - since I already have one). 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.