Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa CITI

tag
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Re: Costco Visa CITI

Yeah. It'll definitely say "authorized user." And lenders may treat the account differently than FICO does.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see. My AMEX Which I am an AU shows in EXPERIAN as if I own the account

I have my own number apart from the primary owner. Could that make it seem it’s like my own card to EXPERIAN?
Message 12 of 15
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@kjblue said, “I wouldn’t want to ask my aunt to buy something if I can worn my own card so being an AU For thst car is something I want to do.”

OP because of the typos in your statement, I’m not sure what you’re saying. Even if you have your own card as an AU, your aunt would still be responsible for any charges you make. You probably know this but I just wanted to make sure.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t want to ask my aunt to buy something for me if I can use my own card ...
so being an AU for that card is something I want to do to establish good repationship with the citi bank instead of opening a new card again with them for the Costco

Or can they convert my platinum card to Costco card with no problem?

I just don’t like when it leaves a bad thing of on your cred report when you close accounts even with 0 balance. I guess lenders don’t like seeing such...

I just want the Costco warranty when you use CITI Costco and I will pay for my own so I wouldn’t to just give cash for my aunt to pay for it.. that’s why I want to be an AU is it will not hurt my relationship with CITI if I went and applied myself. I do have Costco card...

So it’s either I apply as an AU or if they can convert my platinum citi card or literally appt for a new application, which I really don’t want to do.
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an AU now of my aunt and I do want to make my own purchases with it at Costco for some electronics. Do you think it will build my credit if I use it or my aunts credit will be the one improving? I just don’t want to open one now having so much inquiries.

Thanks
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.