Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Costco Visa underwriting

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Costco Visa underwriting

Is it possible that Citi lowered the approval criteria for the Costco Visa? In the past couple months I was denied for the DC because of too many inquiries. On Monday I was approved for the Costco Visa for $8k. Citi pulled TU on which I have around 34 inquiries, so go figure.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Costco Visa underwriting

The DC is one of their own cards and as such it most likely has higher underwriting standards than a co-branded card. Chase imposes a higher UW status on its own cards with 5/24 over co branded cards though as of late some co brands may have agreed to be included in the 5/24
Message 2 of 22
creditguy
Valued Contributor

I'm sure there is different UW for Costco compared to DC but to what extent? Who knows. People with a lot less inquiries than you have been declined and that's with 700 plus scores, so who knows exactly what their standards are or what they are looking for. Regardless of what their looking for, you got it, congrats!!
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you a long term Costco member? Regardless, Citi liked what they saw on your profile. Not gonna lie, I would love a SL of 8k for this card Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 22
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

DW was denied with 781 EX Fico 8, 9 inq in 6 months... :/
Message 5 of 22
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Citi pulled TU for you on Costco card?  Lucky duck!

Message 6 of 22
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Citi pulled TU for you on Costco card?  Lucky duck!

IMG_2367.PNGIn my case it's a hit or miss with Citi. They either pull TU or EX but never both.

Message 7 of 22
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Citi Bank Costco (CBNA) pulled Experian on me and I had 2  inquiries and was approved for 2K.  My highest CL is 7K Barclays and my lowest is 2K Cap1.

I love the 4 3 2 1% setup.  4% Costco Gas 3%Resturant 2%Costco purchases and 1% everywhere else.

700 Club Member
Message 8 of 22
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Are you a long term Costco member? Regardless, Citi liked what they saw on your profile. Not gonna lie, I would love a SL of 8k for this card Smiley Happy

I joined Costco on Monday. I wish they would like it when applying for the DC Smiley LOL

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations again. This got to be the hottest ticket (card) right now. Sigh...the patiently waiting begin.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.