Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Costco Visa underwriting

Congrats on your approval! Enjoy!
Message 11 of 22
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Costco approval!

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for 5.5k limit SL with a 650 fico 8 score on ex. They pulled ex on me and I only have 1 INQ with utilization at 12%. I have a bk 7 showing from October 2010. Was very happy to be approved. 

Message 13 of 22
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Has anyone noticed a difference if they applied in store vs online?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what to do with this one. I burned Citi in 2009 for about 5k and they declined when I applied for DC last year citing the negative history with them. I do a lot of shopping at Costco and think i should have applied for Amex when I had the chance. Current ficos are in the 650-680 range. Don't want to waste another HP on Citi. Maybe I will wait till Nov when the charge off accounts fall off CR.
Message 15 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Seems to be a fairly high approval rate on this card. I'll be honest I've been kicking around joint Costco for awhile since closing my relationship with SAMs about a year ago....
Message 16 of 22
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I tend to think cobranded cards often have looser underwriting, because the partner in question probably wants people to actually be approved for the card (assuming they are creditworthy enough to pay the bill on time). So inquiries may be less of a concern than with a flagship product.

Message 17 of 22
buck_russell
New Contributor

@joedtx wrote:

Has anyone noticed a difference if they applied in store vs online?

applying online is the same as in store.  When you apply "in store"  the associate is litterally filling out the same app you would on-line.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was declined.  Fico8 Eq 688. 22 inqs. And I just received a cli on my citi dc.  Crazy.

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Declined also, waiting for my letter but I'll bet it's to many inquiries and accounts, which is true. Back to the garden for me to stay for 6 months or more.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.