cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crate & Barrel Store Card to MC- New account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crate & Barrel Store Card to MC- New account?

DW recieved a "you're upgraded" offer from C&B for the MC after having a store card. Out of curiousity, would this show up as a new account for her or keep the age of the store card? I would assume it would keep the account age, but I've never really upgraded a store card (or held a store card for that matter that wasn't already a Visa/MC/Amex). Anyone with experience with this? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Crate & Barrel Store Card to MC- New account?

IIRC, this is managed by SYNCB. If she accepts the upgrade it will be coded as a new account and the store version of the account will be closed.

The closed account will preserve the history, but the new MC account will impact AAoA.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
IIRC, this is managed by SYNCB. If she accepts the upgrade it will be coded as a new account and the store version of the account will be closed.

The closed account will preserve the history, but the new MC account will impact AAoA.

Yuck. That seems unnecssary for something we don't care all that much about, if true. Losing AAoA and AoYA is a much bigger loss for something that just seemed "nice." Rather she lose that from getting better cards that actually meet her spending. 

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup the unfortunate Sync side affectSmiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Ive had 2 Synchrony store cards promote to M/C. Ican assure you there is life after upgrade.  Synchrony is one of the more friendly banks for CLIs then lets say Barclays, Citi or Chase. If you do upgrade, call credit solutions and get a CLI before you upgrade.

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.