Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crate & Barrel soon to be Synchrony

tag
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Crate & Barrel soon to be Synchrony

Important Information about the Crate and Barrel Credit Card Program  
On September 21, 2018 Synchrony Bank will acquire eligible Crate and Barrel accounts currently issued by Comenity Bank.

After the transition from Comenity Bank, eligible accounts will receive billing statements and a new Crate and Barrel Credit Card with a new account number from Synchrony Bank. Please note, the current customer service phone number will remain the same for accounts transitioning to Synchrony Bank. 

Comenity Bank will continue to service accounts not eligible for transfer. After the transition on September 21, 2018, the new customer service phone number for accounts remaining with Comenity Bank will be 1-800-820-8799 (TDD/TTY: 1-800-695-1788).

I just noticed this today when I went to login.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Crate & Barrel soon to be Synchrony

Thanks for sharing this OP.

I suppose that for MF folks who have very high CLs on their current Crate & Barrel CCs would make for an interesting transition if their overall SYNCB exposure is close to the max 😏
Message 2 of 15
redpat
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:
Thanks for sharing this OP.

I suppose that for MF folks who have very high CLs on their current Crate & Barrel CCs would make for an interesting transition if their overall SYNCB exposure is close to the max 😏

Lol! I'm thinking of one Poster w/ a huge C&B CL.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 3 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Those were my thoughts exactly. She had to have seen the splash message on their site! 😂

I once considered this CC several years ago, but I passed. I already have plenty of Comenity land mines.... errrr, I mean tradelines.
Message 4 of 15
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Seems like a lot of store cards (I'll include PayPal Credit) are switching around lately.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing OP. 

I love this store....so glad we don’t have one where I live. Too much temptation lol. 

Message 6 of 15
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Walmart MC 6,000

Ebates VISA 10,000

Stash VISA 8,000

BP VISA 5,000

Chevron VISA 4,000

Smart Connect 10,000

PP Credit 5,627

Amazon 7,500

Sam's Club 8,500

Lowe's 6,000

Care Credit 4,000

JCPenney 1,500

I'm a little concerned....my Crate & Barrel limit is 15,500 and it will have to be closed immediately if it goes to Synchrony .....I have already lowered JCP, Care Credit, and Lowe's credit limits last winter to keep my exposure under some kind of control....my total exposure had been almost 99,000 and I knew PP Credit was joining the fold.

Message 7 of 15
IaBoy62
Established Contributor

Maybe I should just close Crate & Barrel now since it's days of heavy use are over.??

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only close one? 

Message 9 of 15
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@IaBoy62 wrote:

Walmart MC 6,000

Ebates VISA 10,000

Stash VISA 8,000

BP VISA 5,000

Chevron VISA 4,000

Smart Connect 10,000

PP Credit 5,627

Amazon 7,500

Sam's Club 8,500

Lowe's 6,000

Care Credit 4,000

JCPenney 1,500

I'm a little concerned....my Crate & Barrel limit is 15,500 and it will have to be closed immediately if it goes to Synchrony .....I have already lowered JCP, Care Credit, and Lowe's credit limits last winter to keep my exposure under some kind of control....my total exposure had been almost 99,000 and I knew PP Credit was joining the fold.

Personally here is what I would close 

JCPenney their stocks just took a dive of 25% today or yesterday just a matter or a year or so until BK.

Walmart as you have the Sam Club card.. What is purpose of both??

Smart connect - Worthless IMO didnt know they even had that anymore thought it was just the PP MC of whatever flavor

Stash - Another worthless card IMO although if you stay at their hotels i suppose it has some value although earn rate is bad imo.

That would free up more than you need if you wish to keep Crate and Barrel

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.