Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cred.ai

tag
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

Re: Journey with Cred.AI

This will be an interesting experiment; personally I don't see the benefit versus simply getting a secured credit card.

Please keep us posted on your experience.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 11 of 41
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

This will be an interesting experiment; personally I don't see the benefit versus simply getting a secured credit card.

Please keep us posted on your experience.

@Horseshoez did you also apply for this card?

Message 12 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cred.ai works way better than secured cards, why?

You can put amounts you want on the card with the limitation fund to add but, it works. it even help builit credit score, which it helped me at least, 20 points in 55 days.

I've been using this card for while and it's really cool card and it has great features. What I like about it that it gives you two cards, one real physical visa number and 2nd sleath visa number ready to use (ideal for online shopping) to prevent fraud. and once the card is used, it'll generate a new one. amazing.

what i love about this card, the card itself is metal, crazy right?  also i like they connect to your bank account in real time to do bank transfers. also if you have direct deposit like job or govt benefits, it allows predict paychecks and you can access to that funding, I assume credi.ai gives you their money and when the check comes in, they keep it. it's nice to have if you need money, fast.

I can see cred.ai could be the next generation or possible new technology how you can improve your credit in a better way.  this will help people who have bad credit that needs to improve in a simple way, this is the way to go.

Message 13 of 41
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Cred.ai works way better than secured cards, why?

You can put amounts you want on the card with the limitation fund to add but, it works. it even help builit credit score, which it helped me at least, 20 points in 55 days.

I've been using this card for while and it's really cool card and it has great features. What I like about it that it gives you two cards, one real physical visa number and 2nd sleath visa number ready to use (ideal for online shopping) to prevent fraud. and once the card is used, it'll generate a new one. amazing.

what i love about this card, the card itself is metal, crazy right?  also i like they connect to your bank account in real time to do bank transfers. also if you have direct deposit like job or govt benefits, it allows predict paychecks and you can access to that funding, I assume credi.ai gives you their money and when the check comes in, they keep it. it's nice to have if you need money, fast.

I can see cred.ai could be the next generation or possible new technology how you can improve your credit in a better way.  this will help people who have bad credit that needs to improve in a simple way, this is the way to go.

Sorry, none of those things sound like reasons for the card; further more, I would argue other financial institutions seeing a high limit secured card will be way more likely to grant you credit than using a Credit.AI card.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 14 of 41
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

CRED .AI... Does this sound legit to you guys?

From all the chatter I decided to check them out. Filled out all the nessary info, a few days later I receive this email.

Thank you for your recent application for a  CRED .AI Deposit Account from WSFS Bank.

Our procedures require that we obtain and verify your current home address (where you live). However, we were unable to verify that the address you provided on your application is your current home address.

So that we may make a decision on your application, please provide us with the following verifying documents:

1. Clear photos (not scans or copies) of the front and back (both sides) of one of the following that contains your full name and date of birth: your unexpired US State driver’s license or identification card, USA passport (photo page and signature page), or other US-government-issued photo identification.
  2. A clear photo of you holding the identification document from #1 next to your face (that is, a "selfie" with your document). 
  3. A utility bill (electric, gas, water, cable/internet) dated within the last 45 days that shows the billing name and shows the address on your application as the service address. You authorize us to confirm with the provider the existence of this utility account.

Along with the link to submit the info.

Never had a problem with submitting my info for anything before which made me put on the brakes! I haven't submitted anything!

Thoughts?

t

Message 15 of 41
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: CRED AI... Does this sound legit to you guys?

While I've never come up against anything like this myself, from reading these boards over the past year I've found that it's not unheard of. Keeping in mind that I know nothing about the bank you're dealing with, since you're the one who initiated this process, it sounds legitimate to me. Cumbersome and annoying, but legitimate!

FWIW, I don't think *I* would follow through on an app like that. I just feel like it's asking too much. I'm fully aware of how much fraud happens these days and how important security is, but I just draw the line when I think something is too intrusive or asking for more than I'm comfortable providing.

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 16 of 41
Aim_High
Super Contributor

If you're interested in a card with them, it doesn't sound unreasonable to me.  Back-in-the-day, applying for a credit card often meant walking into a local bank and filling out a paper application.  As a part of that process, they probably asked for a form of identification or they already knew me personally as an account holder.  Today, with so many online applications, verifying identity can be more difficult but especially if there are differences in the data they access for processing versus what you may have provided.  In my case, I'm glad some lenders are doing this to help circumvent fraud and identity theft since it's so pervasive.  IMO, it's a minor inconvenience to pay for some added security.   Still, it's sad that lenders have to be so skeptical these days.  

The USA Patriot Act of 2001 added additional requirement for financial institutions to verify customer identity after investigations from the 9/11 terrorist attacks found that US Banking accounts had been used by Al-Qaeda to channel funds to embedded terror cells within the US.   So another reason lenders have become more cautious is their responsibilities under federal law.

When I applied for the AOD FCU Visa, I had to provide the popular "selfie" document, but I understood that I was applying for a credit card with a small credit union hundreds of miles away that didn't know me from Adam.   I did find it odd that when I applied for new card after new card with Chase in 2018 to 2020, they often held up most of my applications for processing to verify my identity even though I had been a customer for 20 years and they already had all my documentation!  Once I spoke with the fraud prevention department each time, they released the application.  (At least Chase never asked for the selfie, but I've heard of some lenders asking an applicant to come into a physical branch to verify identity.)

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 17 of 41
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CRED .AI... Does this sound legit to you guys?

@Carloscda40 wrote:

From all the chatter I decided to check them out. Filled out all the nessary info, a few days later I receive this email.

Thank you for your recent application for a  CRED .AI Deposit Account from WSFS Bank.

Our procedures require that we obtain and verify your current home address (where you live). However, we were unable to verify that the address you provided on your application is your current home address.

So that we may make a decision on your application, please provide us with the following verifying documents:

1. Clear photos (not scans or copies) of the front and back (both sides) of one of the following that contains your full name and date of birth: your unexpired US State driver’s license or identification card, USA passport (photo page and signature page), or other US-government-issued photo identification.
  2. A clear photo of you holding the identification document from #1 next to your face (that is, a "selfie" with your document). 
  3. A utility bill (electric, gas, water, cable/internet) dated within the last 45 days that shows the billing name and shows the address on your application as the service address. You authorize us to confirm with the provider the existence of this utility account.

Along with the link to submit the info.

Never had a problem with submitting my info for anything before which made me put on the brakes! I haven't submitted anything!

Thoughts?

It appears this topic was discussed not long ago. You can reference the posts upthread for feedback, @Carloscda40. I believe this was also discussed around 2020 in the thread below:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-in-the-News/Move-over-Apple-Card-Cred-ai-wants-to-break-all-...

Message 18 of 41
Carloscda40
Regular Contributor

Ok a number of WSFS Bank locations in Philadelphia and the Headquaters in Delaware.

Lets see what happens, thanks for the replys.

Message 19 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cred.ai

I got this card a few months ago reports as a few% util 1500 credit limit unsecured credit card. It's nice if you want another tradeline without a hp and the security features are pretty nice if you're worried about getting skimed or something and its a heavy metal card other than that it's rather useless. They also connect to your bank via plaid so you need to be comfortable with that. I usually make a small purchase monthly to keep it from closing(not sure if i even need to) but will probably get rid of it eventually. Apparently you can turn off them autopaying your cc statement and all that and manage it yourself not sure if that opens up the credit line for you to use or not but yeah i dont care about any of that.

I could see this card being useful for people rebuilding but i honestly probably shouldnt have opened it i hurt my AAoA for basically no reason.

Message 20 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.