Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Anxiety

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Anxiety

Hi all - 

So i had posted earlier about my shock when yesterday I received a 20K NFCU credit card after only getting an increase on my other NFCU card from1K to 3K after 120 days.  I tried for an increase on my Discover which sits at 3600 after 1 year and I received a 7-10 day message.  I was poking around on here a little and looked at my pre-approved offers on Discover and had a pre approval for Discover Chrome, so I applied and received an instant approval for 15K with 0% and double cash back.  I should be happy, but now I am panicking.  I am worried that someone is going to take all of this stuff away! Besides going screaming into the garden...should I start closing some of my older lower limit cards and clean up my profile?  I only have 2 collections that are paid/closed and should be falling off of my report in the next few months.  Everything else I PIF and with 200Kincome, my DTI is super low. My scores are much better than they have ever been, but still not awesome (IMHO) for all of this credit.  For reference- my current TU9 is 695, Exp9 is 681 and Equ9 is 694....all up a solid 75 points from last fall.  I appreciate any insight/suggestions/thoughts or Xanax hookups that you may have!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Anxiety

Congrats on your approval and very nice SL!!!
your on fire lately good job

Message 2 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Congrats and relax. Don't worry about closing accounts unless you really want to close them.

Just keep doing what you've been doing. You'll be fine.

At your income level. You haven't scratched the surface of being over exposed credit wise.lol

You could easily go over a million in exposure and lenders still not flinch at giving you more.😂

Message 3 of 11
Marz2002
Senior Contributor

YOU...

awesome congratulations GIF by Slanted Studios

CONGRATS on your 2nd Discover Approval and the MASSIVE SL!!!

AMEX BCP $8K | AMEX Cash Magnet $15K | Citi DoubleCash WEMC $15.2K | Citi Rewards WMC $15.5K | Citi Costco VS $12K
Citi Custom Cash WEMC $7.8K | Synchrony (PayPal Credit $6K, Care Credit $15K, & PayPal 2% MC $10K, VENMO VS $6.5K)
PNC Cash Rewards VS $10.5K | NFCU cashRewards VS $14K | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $37.5K | NFCU Flagship Rewards VS $23K
Discover IT $22.5K | BB&T Cash Rewards $4.5K | Macy's AMEX $25K | Bloomingdales AMEX $20K | Apple Card WEMC $9K
PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS $7.5K

Total CL - $284K+
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 5 of 11
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congratulations on your new card. You'll be fine. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your journey! I can empathize with suddenly getting insane SLs after a rebuild. It's unreal, isn't it? 

My only advice is to take it slow. This adrenaline rush of apping and getting the "redemption" you so deserve is addicting. Don't get caught up in the rush. 

Enjoy how far you've come. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much - it is a little surreal :-). I am in the garden for a while - this is good enough for a while!

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your journey! I can empathize with suddenly getting insane SLs after a rebuild. It's unreal, isn't it? 

My only advice is to take it slow. This adrenaline rush of apping and getting the "redemption" you so deserve is addicting. Don't get caught up in the rush. 

Enjoy how far you've come. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunshineFL -

Super Congrats on your Discover Chrome $15,000 approval! Smiley Very Happy

+1 on previous advice given. You are doing all the right things. Just keep doing them. Smiley Very Happy

All of us have gone/will go from a situation where we couldn't get approved for

anything to where we start getting approved for everything. It's a psychologicial

adjustment more than a financial one. Regardless on which side of the credit threshold

you may find yourself, the financial formula is still the same: Keep your DTI low. Pay in full.

Establish and manage new, positive credit while eliminating old, negative credit and baddies.

That's exactly what you're doing. So keep doing it. And even if you did lose all your credit today,

you now have the tools and knowledge in this forum to get it all back. That's a terrific feeling. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats again on your approval. Thanks so much for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@allthingsintime - 

Thank you for the encouragement!  It really is a psychologicaladjustment and I didn’t think of it that way. Thank you :-) 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.