Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Approvals

My mid score 653 and im looking for a solid way to build more credit. to increase my score.  I currently only have a retail store card and student loan on my profile. What is a good card to apply for to start building more credit and higher scores?  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Approvals

Based on what you put Cap 1 Platinum or QS1, I would say the QS1 so you can earn a reward.

Message 2 of 5
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

Yes, Capital One is very newbie friendly. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 to the Capital One suggestions above.

You might want to check the prequals for Capital One and Chase, and see what you get. Those two prequals are very solid.

If you are interested in a rewards card without an annual fee (the Quicksilver One does have an annual fee, and your spend may or may not justify it), I highly recommend the Discover it (5% rotating categories), or its relative, the Discover it chrome (2% restaurants and gas all year round). Discover is great with thin files, and they also provide a free FICO 8 Classic TransUnion score every month.

On a slightly unrelated note, you can also get your free FICO 8 Classic Experian score by registering with Discover's Credit Scorecard - you don't have to be a member with Discover.

Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Welcome!!

Cap1 is a very common lender used by people jist starting out in ther rebuild or establishing credit. I'd check them out first.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.