Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card CLD and Banked Cash Rewards Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card CLD and Banked Cash Rewards Question

@RSX wrote:

I wasn't aware of the $0.60 redemption, but though I feel this is all free money anyway, I will likely look into another way to use the MR points.  So thank you for the education

but for Citi and Cap1 (which I think the OP was asking about) it is real cash

i guess I am not maximizing the absolute most out of points, but I have never felt like I deserve them anyway.  

I'm all for maximizing points/cash in any way you can (even for redemption bonus, like 20% less points on a gift card you will use), I'm just not for leaving them in the rewards account.

Message 21 of 24
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

@RSX wrote:

I wasn't aware of the $0.60 redemption, but though I feel this is all free money anyway, I will likely look into another way to use the MR points.  So thank you for the education

but for Citi and Cap1 (which I think the OP was asking about) it is real cash

i guess I am not maximizing the absolute most out of points, but I have never felt like I deserve them anyway.  

@RSX  It isn't "free money" until you've received enough value from the points to cover the annual fee if one exist.  It takes a LOT long to cover the annual when you're redeeming for less than 1cpp. 

Message 22 of 24
RSX
Valued Contributor

I will def look into maximizing it better

i am doing ok this year as I didn't have an AF this year and next year it will only be $45 as I get a $50 discount per year for having a Corp Amex.   And I have 0%ApR until Feb 2021. I have had the card since Jan 17/20

BF394BE1-49F3-4AC4-BF8C-7633379179CA.jpeg

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 23 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@RSX wrote:

I will def look into maximizing it better

i am doing ok this year as I didn't have an AF this year and next year it will only be $45 as I get a $50 discount per year for having a Corp Amex.   And I have 0%ApR until Feb 2021. I have had the card since Jan 17/20

BF394BE1-49F3-4AC4-BF8C-7633379179CA.jpeg

Looks like there is some confusion!   This card is the BCP, which IS cashback, and redeeming for statement credit is fine (best choice) and one reward dollar = one real dollar for statement credit.

The 0.6c referred to using Membership Reward points for statement credit.   They are better used as transfer for travel, but this doesn't apply at all to the Blue Cash Preferred or similar cards

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.