Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Carry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Carry

First, I want to wish everyone a joyous holiday season and a happy, healthy New Year. Smiley Very Happy

I was just wondering how many and what credit cards evereyone is carrying these days.

As for me, I only carry three of the four cards I have left.

I carry AMEX BCP for 6% groceries and 3% gas, Citi DC for 2% everywhere else, and Target Redcard for 5% at Target.

Chase Freedom is home in the sockdrawer, although I did move my ATT autopay from DC to Chase for the next 3 months to get 5% rather than 2%. When the quarter ends, I will move it back to Citi DC.

I have not missed having a Visa in my wallet, since the only place this is an issue is Costco, and my wife carries the Costco Visa, and we go together.

How about others?

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Carry

Much simpler for me, as most Amex multipliers don't work outside the US and/or have FTFs and I'm not in with Chase, Citi or Discover.

Savor One for restaurants

PayPal MasterCard for everything else.

Message 2 of 74
jl4
Established Contributor

I only carry a handful but have way more that sit in the drawer.

- Amex BCP - groceries 6%

- Costco Visa - Costco 4%, gas 4%, travel 3%, restaurants 3%

- Apple Card (virtual) - 2-3% Apple Pay transactions not convered by above

- BECU Visa - 1.5% everything else. 

EQ8: 779 (Inq: 1) | TU8: 771 (Inq: 0) | EX8: 763 (Inq: 4)
Total Rev: $182,500
Message 3 of 74
iced
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

First, I want to wish everyone a joyous holiday season and a happy, healthy New Year. Smiley Very Happy

I was just wondering how many and what credit cards evereyone is carrying these days.

As for me, I only carry three of the four cards I have left.

I carry AMEX BCP for 6% groceries and 3% gas, Citi DC for 2% everywhere else, and Target Redcard for 5% at Target.

Chase Freedom is home in the sockdrawer, although I did move my ATT autopay from DC to Chase for the next 3 months to get 5% rather than 2%. When the quarter ends, I will move it back to Citi DC.

I have not missed having a Visa in my wallet, since the only place this is an issue is Costco, and my wife carries the Costco Visa, and we go together.

How about others?

Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Platinum, and a Citi Rewards+ card I use for those quick pickups at local grocer or bakery. I keep threatening to replace the Citi with a Freedom Unlimited as I can make much better use of UR than I can TY, but I get the stinkeye from the SO when I so much as think about applying for a new card.

About 85% of my annual spend is in the dining and travel categories, so this mostly works for me.

Message 4 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my sig. I carry 7, half of them on constant rotation, depending on the 5% categories, offers, and where I am going soon. The core cards that stay in my wallet are propel, csR, gold, aaps.

I only carry one or two embossed cards, it takes too much space.

signal-attachment-2019-12-23-162900.jpeg

Message 5 of 74
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Citizen's 5% visa and CSR for backup.    I have several other cards on my phone, but at present only use the Citizens (which, as I previously posted, doesn't support mobile payment on Android)

Message 6 of 74
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Business Gold, Blue Business Plus, and Double Cash only for that rare place that may not accept Amex.
Message 7 of 74
MyFault
Valued Contributor

In my wallet is my CSP, US Bank Corporate Travel, NFCU debit, and corporate wex fuel card.
Soon I'll be adding CFU for all non travel and dining.

The rest in my signature are sock drawered unless I need them for a special occasion. The Amex Amazon Biz stays in the sock drawer as I only use it for Amazon.com.

|  
Message 8 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of them!

• Goldman Sachs Apple Card
  • Chase United TravelBank
  • Chase Amazon Prime
  • American Express Magnet
  • American Express Everyday
Message 9 of 74
Andypanda
Established Contributor

Amex BCE

WF Propel

Citi DC

Target Red card

Citi Costco Visa

I keep my US BAnk card seperate, and it never leaves the house, in case I loose my wallet. I only ise it at home when I pay my utillitie and cell phone bills.

MS. Disco will go back into my wallet on Jan. 1 when the grocery catagory starts.

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.