Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card KeyChain?!?

tag
XxRaVeNxX
Regular Contributor

Credit Card KeyChain?!?

Recently received my debit card for my NFCU account, and a separate, smaller 'keychain' credit card came with it also. Like it had a loop to connect to my keys.

Does anyone find any convenience with this card? I've left my keys at stores/check outs before...it seems it would just be a way for someone to swipe me clean. I'm not as conscious of my keys as I am my wallet....

Just wanting to know of any downsides...before I cut this mini card up and throw it away....

Chase Southwest $5000 - November 2012 Wal Mart $1000 - November 2012 NFCU Visa $5,000 - Sept 2012 NFCU NavCheck $3,000 - October 2012 Amazon $900 - Aug 2012 Kay's Jewlery $2700 - Aug 2012 Buckle $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Roaman's $250 (Shopping cart trick) - October 2012 Capital One Secured $225 - April 2012 Capital One Platinum $2500 - July 2012
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Card KeyChain?!?

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Recently received my debit card for my NFCU account, and a separate, smaller 'keychain' credit card came with it also. Like it had a loop to connect to my keys.

Does anyone find any convenience with this card? I've left my keys at stores/check outs before...it seems it would just be a way for someone to swipe me clean. I'm not as conscious of my keys as I am my wallet....

Just wanting to know of any downsides...before I cut this mini card up and throw it away....

I would shred that.

WAYYYYYYY too convienent for a crook to get your card!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Bank of Tax Payers Money America has something like and Discover used to. I also believe Citi has it. Really it is just so you do not have to take out your wallet or always have it with you. I never have any fear of someone charging up the card.

Message 3 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@XxRaVeNxX wrote:

Bank of Tax Payers Money America has something like and Discover used to. I also believe Citi has it. Really it is just so you do not have to take out your wallet or always have it with you. I never have any fear of someone charging up the card.

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 9
codimom
Frequent Contributor

I have a keychain filled with 'loyalty' cards, but there is no way that i would EVER put my credit card on my keys.  I would think its too easy for someone to grab my numbers (since my keys are not always with me)

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had it when Ibad bank of America...it was pretty useful..especially for just a trip down the road..

Forgive formatting errors..damn iPad!

Message 6 of 9
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

I recently downloaded the "Key Ring" app to load all my membership and specialy cards like Sports Authrity, Office Dept etc. Works great for cards that can be read by a bar code reader. I actually pondered if it would be good to have bank cards on this as well.

I think Smart Wallet is very close and we all may need to get over some of our fears...

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 7 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I had a key-ring card with BoA and the numbers and name are TINY...you need decent vision to see them from a distance.

In terms of fraud, it's protected the same as the regular sized cards, so it's really your call. I, personally, like it.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 8 of 9
bribro
Valued Contributor

Citi gave me one of those. The value comes in being able to use it with those PayWave, PayPass, etc. (Chase calls it "Blink") touchless sensors. I'd rather just whip out my wallet than deal with a keychain.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.