Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card PC

tag
keithbward
Frequent Contributor

Credit Card PC

So I was recently approved for a NFCU cashRewards Visa with a 10k credit limit. I'm still in shock behind it because I was in such bad shape about 6 months ago. The people at NFCU have been awesome and the message system is great. I was told that I could reduce my credit limit on the cashRewards card and move the reduction over to another one of their credit card products.Would it be worth it to do so with one of their other products like the goRewards or the nRewards card. Anyone currently have any of them in their wallet and can give me their experience with them? Would it be a smart move to do so and build two seperate cards and build their limits together? Also has anyone had any experince PC their Capital One products? I have a Classic Platinum and a QuicksilverOne. Would it be a smart move to try to PC my Classic Platinum to a Venture card? I'm just curious as I'm excited to build my new tradelines. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

Starting Scores - EX 547 || EQ 541 || TU 538 - 01/21/2014
Current Scores - EX 691 || EQ 628??? || TU 695 - 08/04/2015
Goal Scores - 720 across the board
Current Utilization - 12% and going down
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Card PC

@keithbward wrote:

So I was recently approved for a NFCU cashRewards Visa with a 10k credit limit. I'm still in shock behind it because I was in such bad shape about 6 months ago. The people at NFCU have been awesome and the message system is great. I was told that I could reduce my credit limit on the cashRewards card and move the reduction over to another one of their credit card products.Would it be worth it to do so with one of their other products like the goRewards or the nRewards card. Anyone currently have any of them in their wallet and can give me their experience with them? Would it be a smart move to do so and build two seperate cards and build their limits together? Also has anyone had any experince PC their Capital One products? I have a Classic Platinum and a QuicksilverOne. Would it be a smart move to try to PC my Classic Platinum to a Venture card? I'm just curious as I'm excited to build my new tradelines. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys and gals.

I app'd for a Navy Flagship Visa Sig in April 2014.  Approved for 15k and then app'd immediately afterward for a cashRewards but was denied.  I contacted NFCU a couple of weeks later and asked if I could move 5k from Flaghsip Visa to open cashRewards.  They did it immediately without question.  Just applied for a cli on the Flagship Visa last week requesting to go from 10k to 25k, they countered with 17.5k without HP.  Super credit union.  You may also want to apply for the Line of Credit which has diffrent underwriting criteria.  For example, I couldn't get the cashRewards initially, but I was approved for the 15k line of credit.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.