Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Preapprovals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Preapprovals

I filled out several preapproval forms yesterday and was approved for the ones I filled out aside from Citi.
All offered no annual fee. I’ve been waiting for an AMEX to be preapproved that had no fee. Every time in the last 3 months it’s just been delta gold with its fee.
Of these cards which has the biggest potential for growth? I have not applied because I’m thinking about them. I have an inquiry falling off next month and I wanted an Amex to round out my profile
I have a
Discover It 8k CL
Visa 1.5% cash back 16%apr 5k CL (credit union)
Visa 1% cash back 14% apr 1k limit (credit union student card) 7 year old account

Preapproved cards
Amex-blue cash everyday/everyday credit/gold delta sky miles
BOA-cash rewards
Capital one- platinum and rewards

I just want to know how good of chances approvals for AMEX are when you are preapproved and what starting limits tend to be.
My fico 8&9 are both about 665-675 for transunion.
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Preapprovals

Congrats on your preapprovals.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will pull Experian and the last time I applied with BofA they only pulled Experian as well. Both used FICO 8 and last month when I was approved for the Amex Everyday my Experian FICO 8 was 689. They only gave me a 2K CL but after 61 days you can ask for a 3x CL increase according to post around these parts.

Message 3 of 9
JNA1
Valued Contributor

I can’t answer why, but a few months ago I was only getting the Delta card offer from AMEX. I did the prequal one night and it pulled up the Delta card like it always did. I immediately went into the private mode on my phone and did it again and I was pre-qualified for the BCP, BCE, and a few other airline cards.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 4 of 9
eastsea
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I filled out several preapproval forms yesterday and was approved for the ones I filled out aside from Citi.
All offered no annual fee. I’ve been waiting for an AMEX to be preapproved that had no fee. Every time in the last 3 months it’s just been delta gold with its fee.
Of these cards which has the biggest potential for growth? I have not applied because I’m thinking about them. I have an inquiry falling off next month and I wanted an Amex to round out my profile
I have a
Discover It 8k CL
Visa 1.5% cash back 16%apr 5k CL (credit union)
Visa 1% cash back 14% apr 1k limit (credit union student card) 7 year old account

Preapproved cards
Amex-blue cash everyday/everyday credit/gold delta sky miles
BOA-cash rewards
Capital one- platinum and rewards

I just want to know how good of chances approvals for AMEX are when you are preapproved and what starting limits tend to be.
My fico 8&9 are both about 665-675 for transunion.

I cold apped Amex Blue Cash Everyday and applied BoA Cash Rewards with a pre approval and was approved for both.   I also get Capital One Platinum, QuickSilver, SavorOne and VentureOne, all without Sub and if I were you I would wait for the preapproval with a Sub.  

I say go for Amex and Boa.  Both are solid cards. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the BCE. Do y’all also think I should apply for the other 2 AMEX as well? I wanted to go ahead and do the Bank of America just cause it’s another big bank but the benefits didn’t seem as woooooo as discover and Amex.

Do they give generous limit increases?

I received a 2k starting limit. In 61 days I’ll request an increase.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the BCE. Do y’all also think I should apply for the other 2 AMEX as well? I wanted to go ahead and do the Bank of America just cause it’s another big bank but the benefits didn’t seem as woooooo as discover and Amex. 

Do they give generous limit increases?

I received a 2k starting limit. In 61 days I’ll request an increase.

Amex will only approve 2 cards in a 90 day period. If they approve a second card it will likely be only $1000 limit. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this mean I can get 2 approved in the same day ahahah
Message 8 of 9
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the new Amex! I would hold off on going for anything else for awhile. You have a good bundle of cards and that Amex will grow nicely if you use it right. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.