Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Prequalification Links

tag
DESDallasTX

Credit Card Prequalification Links

Hello all,

Unfortunately, I was part of the big data breach a few years ago, and my credit has been frozen since.  I know that freezes are not supposed to prevent mail offers, but I have not had one offer (I have not opted out) since the freeze was effective, which leads me to my primary question.  My FICO is currently in the 850 range, and ALL other factors influencing a credit decision are ideal.  This in mind, all prequalification links I try since the freeze bring back zero results.  Does frozen credit prevent prequal links from working?  A soft pull should still be possible right??

So frustrating.........  I will appreciate any insight you guys can provide.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Credit Card Prequalification Links

Frozen files or having opted out of prequalified offers prevents pretty much anyone who is not a current creditor from pulling your credit reports.   If they're frozen you won't be able to prequalify and issuers won't be able to look at your reports for the purpose of determining if they will extend you preapproval offers or firm offers of credit.

Even current creditors can only perform soft pulls of your report in order to perform routine account reviews in order to keep an eye on your current status.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Most prequalified sites you are going to need to thaw the reports.SPs can be done with a freeze with your "current" lenders.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@coldfusion 

darn you are fast 😂😂

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 5
DESDallasTX

Thank You Everyone!  I searched and searched the web for an (existing) answer to my question, but had no luck finding one.  Sounds silly, but knowing this really decreases my frustration level!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.