cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Recommendations for fair FICO (650-699)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Recommendations for fair FICO (650-699)

Thank you so much!
Message 11 of 13
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Three collections (currently being disputed), one late credit card payment in 2014 from a now closed credit card (Goodwill letter pending for possible removal), and negative student loan payments from 2015 (now included in loans consolidated in 2018 and paid up-to-date).

Thank you 

My recommendation would be to wait and see what happens with those collections before applying for anything.

You'll have better options with less negatives on your credit report. 

I think for right now, your best option would be to head over to Rebuilding forum, list your collections and with whom they are, and we can try to help you deal with them first 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/bd-p/rebuildingcredit

Message 12 of 13
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I currently have two secured credit cards-one through my bank, and one through Discover. Due to an issue with my bank, I might be closing my credit card through them. Which cash back/rewards credit cards are recommended for a fair FICO (650-699)? I have 100% payment history and I'm looking to replace the card through my bank.

@Anonymous wrote:
Three collections (currently being disputed), one late credit card payment in 2014 from a now closed credit card (Goodwill letter pending for possible removal), and negative student loan payments from 2015 (now included in loans consolidated in 2018 and paid up-to-date).

OK, so not "100% payment history", and that's OK.  Capital One is a good match for your description, but there are variables to consider as they are likely to perform multiple HPs.  This may be of no consequence to you, but it also may play in to the order you decide to apply for things if you choose to do so.

Will you be maintaining your existing Bank relationship?  Another option is to pursue a Credit Union relationship, including a CC product.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.