Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Suggestion

tag
Bop
Valued Member

Credit Card Suggestion

My EQ score is 658 . I have Capi 1 ( $2000) , JC Penny ( $700) GE Care ( $600)

I haven’t applied for any CC over 3 years. Finally getting back to apply few.  I did look into “ who give me credit” website. But could some of you suggest few Credit Card which might be easy to get approval. . I don’t want any store card or secured card  but regular CC.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Re: Credit Card Suggestion

That's a decent score.. You don't have to limit yourself too much, anything in particular you wanted?

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 2 of 7
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

We're going to need some more info to better answer that question. Are you going to PIF or carry or transfer a balance? Are you looking for certain rewards like miles or cashback? How many baddies on your report? How much do you charge per month? What kind of things do you spend the most money on? Are you a college student?

With a 658 the best prime cards are probably slightly out of reach but you should have some options still. Let us know.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Bop
Valued Member

658 a decent score ? wow .. glad to hear that . I had such a  bad credit score  in past 5 years , I am just afraid to apply for any credit card. Any card as long as it is not secure or CL is under $1000 is fine with me.

Message 4 of 7
Bop
Valued Member

I have 3 60 days which are 3 years old and 3 collections which are  4 years old. i don’t care about the reword, I will mainly use  CC for gas or emergency. I used to charge between $250-$400 a month on my Cap 1 which had only $500 CL. I don’t see myself charging any more than that.

LTomBerry wrote:

We're going to need some more info to better answer that question. Are you going to PIF or carry or transfer a balance? Are you looking for certain rewards like miles or cashback? How many baddies on your report? How much do you charge per month? What kind of things do you spend the most money on? Are you a college student?

With a 658 the best prime cards are probably slightly out of reach but you should have some options still. Let us know.

Message 5 of 7
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

USAA Rate Advantage Mastercard

American Express Clear

Bank of America Basic Visa

Also you might look into your local credit union for other options.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I would suggest a Barclay's card.  They are more lenient with the average scores and older baddies on your reports.  If they decline you or give you a limit you think is to low they also are very good with recons.  The card also grows with you....

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.