Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Suggestions

tag
getmycreditright
Regular Contributor

Credit Card Suggestions

I am wanting to go on a three card app spree, but I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Do you guys normally apply over the phone or via an online app?

This would be my first major card and I'd like it to be the right one. I am looking for decent cash back rewards and maybe some travel perks. What are some good cards out there? Even though my scores look okay, my TU is the only report that is squeaky clean so I'm not sure I'd be approved for any AMEX card (even though I'd really like one). Your thoughts/suggestions is much appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score - 575 (4/10)
Current Score - EQ - 750, TU - 752, EX - 728 11/4/12

Current Cards:
AMEX SPG ($7.5k), Amazon.com Visa ($3k), Discover More ($2k) all since 11/4/12

Fighting the good fight!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

Re: Credit Card Suggestions

I usually apply online so I don't have to talk to anyone Smiley Happy. You scores look pretty good. What is your AAOA? I would recommend you apply for Chase Freedom, any Amex (or any charge card if you history's short), and Walmart so you can get your TU FICO.

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 2 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

You could try for the US Bank Cash+. Might take some major recon effort, but it would be worth it in the end.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 4
Imua
Frequent Contributor

i like chase freedom for cash back (although the rotating 5% rewards categories don't always fit my needs), which is why i recently applied for and got BofA's cashrewards (1% on purchases, 2% on groceries and 3% on gas) - the BofA card had an offer of $100cash back after spending $500 in the first 90 days Smiley Happy which helped me decide to apply. 

iirc, BofA also had an offer for a travel awards card on the site last month

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.