Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Upgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card Upgrade

What kind of card could I get approved for with a 670 Score, with 2 negative trade lines?

(I have 1 charge off from Capital One - $3,000 - 3 years ago.)

(I also have 1 paid- charge off - $1,700 - Dell Financial.)

I owe nothing except student loans about - $11K

I want to upgrade my credit cards and build better credit.. But my question is, what category do I fit into?

Re-establishing credit or should I try to go for Rewards/Points cards???

Is my credit good enough to apply for anything better, less fee's, lower APR?

Can someone help.. please

Message Edited by Dragon978 on 03-30-2009 06:01 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card Upgrade

With the credit crunch, those baddies will hurt.  Juniper and Orchard bank would probably give you a $500-$1000 CL.  Orchard checks all reports but Juniper/Barclays checked my TU which was in the low 600s when I was approved.  You may want to try a BOA or Citi secured card.  Just to avoid too many inqs.  Orchard has a card selector which will run a soft inq before you send the entire app.

Message 2 of 5
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I would go with Capital One and/or HSBC/Orchard Bank.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One should be good for you. My friend had a mid-600 score and have a collection on his file. He got turned down by almost everyone except Capital One. They gave him $300 credit line initially.
Message 4 of 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

That is if Cap One doesnt blacklist, if this is the case you may not stand a very good chance!
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.