Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card cleam up

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card cleam up

In Sept of 2017, I was approved for my first Amex BCE, with a $500 CL and no SUB. I received a Hilton Amex (no annual) with a $5000 CL (transferred $4000 to my Delta). I think the SUB was 50k HH points. 

I find both cards fairly useless. I haven't even eared $25 cash back on my BCE and I haven't used the HH points. 

How much damage with closing both of those accounts do to my score, will it scare other creditors? IMy utilization is less then 10%.

Will closing these accounts damage my relationship with Amex? All my other Amex cards come with annual fess which I am happy to pay since I use them heavily and get rewards. 

Can I transfer the credit lines to other cards when I close the accounts?

I am happily planted in the garden. Cards and scores in my signature are current as of 12/2018, any advice is appreciated. TIA!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card cleam up

It won’t hurt you except for utilization purposes. As far as transferring the remains credit lines, if I read your post correctly, you have 500 on you BC and 1k on your HH?

You will not be able to transfer more bc those cards can’t go any lower. So you will lose 1.5k towards your overall credit line. 

As for will it hurt your relationship with Amex.....how long have you had the cards? 

Ive closed 3 and I’m still good with them, but I kept them open a full year before closing (except for my ED). If anything you may be disqualified for future subs....but no ones knows for sure if that will happen. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card cleam up

BCE for about 15 months and the HH just under a year. I can wait to close the HH in Feb, I am ok with losing the CL, I just don't want to damage my relationship. Amex has been great to me!

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.