Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card companies that black list past Chargoffs

tag
BGinVA
Contributor

Credit Card companies that black list past Chargoffs

Just wondering what you all know about companies that blacklist for past chargoff's?  Next year I plan to start applying for some non-toy cards, but don't want to waste inquiries on those that will make decisions based on what they have on their internal records rather than what remains on my credit report.  I'm good with GE, I think my Walmart is the first GE card I've had, although I had a Care Credit included in my BK in 1997 (but I don't think that was backed by GE back then).  I have an Orchard HSBC, so they are good.  But I also have baddies with several other companies, some were card lines that were acquired by other lenders and I'm not sure if they are even still around, but here's my list of cards I've had problems with in the past, if anyone can answer for these.  Credit cards have been my downfall in the past, but I'm getting it right this time, if I can't pay it by month end, I don't charge it. 

Providian- sold to WAMU- sold to Chase

MBNA (are they still around?)

Capital One

Citifinancial (are they still around or do they still offer credit cards?  I know the subprime lending branch is now One Main Financial)

I think that's it, but if anyone has information on other cards not mentioned and wants to add them to help others that would be great!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Card companies that black list past Chargoffs

Are you asking about blacklisting for Unpaid chargeoffs ?  or Paid chargeoffs ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 12
BGinVA
Contributor

Everything I have is paid (except for things included in a 1997 bankruptcy), so I guess either. 

Message 3 of 12
lithium78
Established Contributor

I'm blacklisted by Chase for a paid chargeoff from 2003. 

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 12
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@BGinVA wrote:

Just wondering what you all know about companies that blacklist for past chargoff's?  Next year I plan to start applying for some non-toy cards, but don't want to waste inquiries on those that will make decisions based on what they have on their internal records rather than what remains on my credit report.  I'm good with GE, I think my Walmart is the first GE card I've had, although I had a Care Credit included in my BK in 1997 (but I don't think that was backed by GE back then).  I have an Orchard HSBC, so they are good.  But I also have baddies with several other companies, some were card lines that were acquired by other lenders and I'm not sure if they are even still around, but here's my list of cards I've had problems with in the past, if anyone can answer for these.  Credit cards have been my downfall in the past, but I'm getting it right this time, if I can't pay it by month end, I don't charge it. 

Providian- sold to WAMU- sold to Chase

MBNA (are they still around?)

Capital One

Citifinancial (are they still around or do they still offer credit cards?  I know the subprime lending branch is now One Main Financial)

I think that's it, but if anyone has information on other cards not mentioned and wants to add them to help others that would be great!

Citi definitely remembers your past problems and blacklists.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

MBNA is owned by Chase I couldn't get a Chase card because I included MBNA in a bankrupcy in late 1990's. I applied fore a Chase card a couple months ago. The reason given was past bankrupcy.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 12
aot2009
Regular Contributor

Amex does blacklist

I was blacklisted for Amex but in my BK 7 in 2001 it was wiped out so I thought...... when my company issued me an AMEX and I was denied.

My company actually used their credit (backed up) the Amex too which was weird and the lady at AMEX had to remove me off the list in order to even issue me a authorized card.

I actually called today and I am no longer on the blacklist since my company got my authorized card to go through.

Message 7 of 12
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@aot2009 wrote:

Amex does blacklist

I was blacklisted for Amex but in my BK 7 in 2001 it was wiped out so I thought...... when my company issued me an AMEX and I was denied.

My company actually used their credit (backed up) the Amex too which was weird and the lady at AMEX had to remove me off the list in order to even issue me a authorized card.

I actually called today and I am no longer on the blacklist since my company got my authorized card to go through.

That's true, AMEX has a very long memory.   If you burn them they usually won't let you back in until you pay.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 12
aot2009
Regular Contributor

There is a slight possibility that they could have some other list I'm still on which is for aprovals but I won't know unless I tried to get one.  

Message 9 of 12
mxp114
Valued Contributor

MBNA is now Bank of America.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.