Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card for 388 CS!?

tag
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Card for 388 CS!?

@parakleet wrote:

It sounds like his time would be better spent on cleaning up his report rather than looking for a card that would only offer him the worst of fees.

This. Soooo this.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 21 of 23
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@xXIDaShizIXx wrote:

@parakleet wrote:

It sounds like his time would be better spent on cleaning up his report rather than looking for a card that would only offer him the worst of fees.

This. Soooo this.

I have him working on GW letters but I told him theres a good chance most of the stuff on his report wont be removed with GW.  Also having back to back BK7 isn't something you can "clean up".  I figure the card is a good way for him to start building some sort of positive on his report.  He's well aware of the fee's and realizes thats basically the price he has to pay at this point.  If he ends up getting the secured card from his CU I think it'll be a good start. 

Message 22 of 23
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Just have him get 1 secured card, use it responsively and don't add anymore baddies. There is no way he can recover his score until both those BK's fall off or age a lot more........unfortunately
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.