Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card options

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Credit Card options

Hello there!

Okay so i am buying a house right now and i have a few questions about some credit cards to assist financing some of the changes we would like done.

As you can see my scores below (a little old from a lender pull) i have 1750 avail credit and held a 450$ balance which i paid down to 0... so i should have better scores.

Who would you all recommend attempting to app for with these scores to provide the biggest bang for the hard pull?

Thanks!

long story short, with my scores, who would provide the largest credit limit? Thanks! Smiley Happy

Also, i have a corp amex card, which i had a limit on before which amex lifted my limit last month.... i dunno if this makes a difference...

i got the corp card (they did a hard pull) back about a year ago..... but it does not report to my credit.

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Card options

@FairCredBen wrote:

Hello there!

Also, i have a corp amex card, which i had a limit on before which amex lifted my limit last month.... i dunno if this makes a difference...

i got the corp card (they did a hard pull) back about a year ago..... but it does not report to my credit.

Ben, since your EX score is highest, you could try for an AMEX Zync charge card ~ they will pull Experian.    Also you should be able to get it backdated to the year that your Corp card opened ( assuming this is 2011 ), so it wouldn't hurt your AAoA as much.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 8
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

Also you should be able to get it backdated to the year that your Corp card opened ( assuming this is 2011 ), so it wouldn't hurt your AAoA as much.

Is this always the case? I just opened a business card and it shows as 2012, while my other accounts were all backdated to 1984. I thought the corporate and business cards were the exception to backdating.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 3 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

Back dated?!?!?! how does this work, and yes it was like 8/2011 before my cap 1 card was even opened.

So i can know my options, what others are there out there?

Now TU FICO from here says that my score is 647.

Just wanting to see my opportunities

[EDIT i put TU EQ instead of TU Fico lol]

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@OhioCPA wrote:

@pizzadude wrote:

Also you should be able to get it backdated to the year that your Corp card opened ( assuming this is 2011 ), so it wouldn't hurt your AAoA as much.

Is this always the case? I just opened a business card and it shows as 2012, while my other accounts were all backdated to 1984. I thought the corporate and business cards were the exception to backdating.

You should be able to get the card backdated ~ I had a corp AMEX card for years before I ever got a personal AMEX card;  once I received my Zync I called in and requested them to set my member since date to the year my Corp card was opened.     They were able to do it.  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@FairCredBen wrote:

Back dated?!?!?! how does this work, and yes it was like 8/2011 before my cap 1 card was even opened.

If you open an AMEX, call and ask them to set your member since date to 2011 when you opened your Corp card.     Once they do this your new AMEX will have a date opened of 06/2011  ( assuming that you open it this month ).

Message 6 of 8
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I wouldn't do anything until you close on the house. Once you have closed then you might consider going the Zync route. Based on your original post, you appear to want to carry a balance on the card. I believe the Zync is the only Amex charge card that will never give you the option to carry a balance but it will be an inroad to a credit card in six months to a year.. One option is to look at one of the GE backed cards, such as Lowes or Walmart. While your starting CL might not be significant enough for you it will grow with frequent CLI's every four months or so.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 7 of 8
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

I want the option to put anything that may be larger (say 4-5k) on as few cards as possible lol....

And none of this will be until after i close on the house lol.... i dont want to screw that up haha!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.