Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card reporting Dates

tag
vader77
Established Member

Credit Card reporting Dates

Sorry if this has been answered severtal times.......How do I know when each of my CC will report to the CRA's?  What I mean is after I make a payment, how do I know if I pay off a card or significantly lower my balance, did I do it in time to get it reported befort the CC reports.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Card reporting Dates

Call them. Most will be able to tell you the actual date the card reports to the CRA's.

Generally its about 3 days after your statement date, but that's a rule of thumb. The CSR can give you the exact date it reports.

Message 2 of 6
GregB
Valued Contributor

Almost all report the statement balance shortly after the statement has been generated. There are a small number that report on a certain day of the month like the 30th.

Which CC?

They all take a certain amount of time to report to the CRAs. BofA reports almost instantly - seems like minutes. Citi may be that fast also. Chase & CapOne take about a day. Amex used to take several days but now seem to report the next business day.

The CRAs take some time to update. EX is almost instant. TU and EQ take 2-4 days.

The combination of BofA and EX means that a BofA account statement that closes at midnight will be updated on EX by early the next morning. Their mortgage accounts are painfully slow, which seems strange to me. They are 1-2 payments behind.

Message 3 of 6
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@vader77 wrote:

Sorry if this has been answered severtal times.......How do I know when each of my CC will report to the CRA's?  What I mean is after I make a payment, how do I know if I pay off a card or significantly lower my balance, did I do it in time to get it reported befort the CC reports.

Thanks

when the new statement cuts, that's the time they will report your balances.... for example, capital ones statement cut is usually 3 days after the due date.... GE cards are usually 7 days after the due date and so on.... if you have an amex, it is the "closing date"...... i didn't know about this until I joined this forum... I would pay my first cap one in full for the first year but the balance always reports to the max..... now, I know better and would make sure I leave little or no balance before the statement  cut date........

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 4 of 6
Croselx
Contributor

In my experience they report 6-7 days after statement due date with the balance that was remaining after that day. Example; statement ends on the 5th, it will report on the 12th with the balance that you had on the 6th. This means that if you had a balance on the 6th it will appear on your report/statement even if you PIF before your CR gets updated. All of my cards have done this (GE, recently CITI and a VISA from a local bank). I am not 100% sure that this is the same for everyone, but it has been spot-on with me and my sister's accounts.
As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 5 of 6
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I have two CU CC's and they report on the 30th or 31st of the month.  I assumed they reported right after the statement date but that was wrong.  So I just make sure that my balance is as close to zero around those dates.  The rest of my CC's seem to report the statement closing dates.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.