Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card reporting dates

tag
Starr07
Valued Member

Credit Card reporting dates

If you call CCCs will they tell you when they report to the 3 credit bureaus? I currently have a Chase, Discover, Elan, and BOA card. have any of you had success finding out this information from them? I just paid down my balances to 20% on all my cards and am waiting to see changes in my reports and scores.

My current EQ score is 696.

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: EQ 741 TU 738
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Credit Card reporting dates

They'll tell you, but they'll probably be wrong.  Smiley Very Happy

I know that your Chase, Discover and BofA card will report the night that your statement posts (not the due date, but the date when the statement generates.) They will report the balance due that shows on your statements. This is true of nearly every CC, other than US Bank cards and HBSC/ Orchard bank (not store) cards.

I'll have to let someone else give the timing for the Elan card.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I found a lot of times employees at the CSR level don't even know or give incorrect information... but hopefully people that watch reporting very closely will chime in with dates for the banks you listed.

Message 3 of 10
Starr07
Valued Member

Thank you. I'll wait to see if anyone can give me information on the Elan card.. I just recevied my Discover statement so I should see that change soon.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 10
Starr07
Valued Member

I went and looked at alerts that I've had within the past couple of years from ScoreWatch and it appears that ScoreWatch sends these alerts 7-8 days after the statements of all my CCs post. I wonder how long it takes ScoreWatch to send out alerts after it receives new information.

Message 5 of 10
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

For Cap 1, they report it after the due date with the balance that is on your statement.

Message 6 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Starr07 wrote:

I went and looked at alerts that I've had within the past couple of years from ScoreWatch and it appears that ScoreWatch sends these alerts 7-8 days after the statements of all my CCs post. I wonder how long it takes ScoreWatch to send out alerts after it receives new information.

Score Watch Guide

Remember, the new balance has to be posted by Equifax (and the other two) before any alert can be generated.

Experian is the only credit bureau that posts the new info right away. Equifax and TU take anywhere from 3-4 days to a week or more to enter the info.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 10
Starr07
Valued Member

Great! Thanks for the link to the Score Watch Guide...It's extremely helpful.

Message 8 of 10
FicoGuy2019
Established Contributor

As far as Capital One goes....

I applied for a Cap One secured card 11/23/2010 and received it and activated it 12/11/2010, used it 11/12/2010 for 20.00 and they charged 24.00 for their AF.

I paid everything except 15.00 which the analyzer on here said would give me the highest score when it's reported.

My statement was cut 12/28/2010 with a 15.00 balance and according to cap one they reported it to the 3 bureaus on the 29th. (they said it's always the day after my statement is cut) 

I see no change in my credit reports, score watch, nothing.  I call every day and they all tell me it was reported to all 3 on the 29th....hopefully it reports soon!!

Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@DB28 wrote:

As far as Capital One goes....

I applied for a Cap One secured card 11/23/2010 and received it and activated it 12/11/2010, used it 11/12/2010 for 20.00 and they charged 24.00 for their AF.

I paid everything except 15.00 which the analyzer on here said would give me the highest score when it's reported.

My statement was cut 12/28/2010 with a 15.00 balance and according to cap one they reported it to the 3 bureaus on the 29th. (they said it's always the day after my statement is cut) 

I see no change in my credit reports, score watch, nothing.  I call every day and they all tell me it was reported to all 3 on the 29th....hopefully it reports soon!!

That was my understanding as well --CapOne does the same thing as the majority of the other CCC's.

Other than with Experian, which updates reports immediately (the only good thing I can say about them! Smiley Wink), there's always a delay before the others put it on your reports. What they're doing while waiting, I've never understood.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.