Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card that will approve

tag
Chala
Contributor

Credit Card that will approve

Hi folks, i have not been on in a while, and i also have not checked my fico score in a long while. Last it was mid to high 600s. My question is this, can anyone recommened a card where there is a high percentage rate that i will be approved, and receive the card quickly. Please excuse if i am vague. Thank you!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Dave4fun
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Card that will approve

Good chance with Discover Card. Check out their website. You can get your FICO score for free (even though not a card holder) and then check to see if qualifed for the card. 

FICO 8 EQ: 841, TU: 842, EX: 842 Total Rev CL: $547,000 - CHASE/CITIBANK/DISCOVER/ USBANK/AMEX/COMENITY AMEX /BMO/NORDSTROM/MACYS/FNBO/ JCPENNY/TARGET/CHEVRON/1ST UNITED CU/PATELCO CU/SYNCHRONY/ VENMO VISA Sig/ DILLARDS AMEX/ PENFED PLAT REWARDS/PENFED PLOC/WELLS FARGO. AAoA 13 years
Message 2 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Cap1.. Try the pre-qual site and see what shows up.  Other pre-qual sites around as well, but most likely depending on profile Cap1 will be the most generous.. Although it all depends on what you are looking for and without AAoA, Util, Inquiries, Fico Scores, DTI, etc we can only speculate.  You should apply for the card you want and can use vs. what you can get approved for as nothing in the credit life is guranteed.

Message 3 of 24
Chala
Contributor

@Dave4fun wrote:

Good chance with Discover Card. Check out their website. You can get your FICO score for free (even though not a card holder) and then check to see if qualifed for the card. 

So many businesses do not take Discover anymore i am finding.

@CreditCuriousity i do not understand your reply?

Message 4 of 24
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

@Chala wrote:

Hi folks, i have not been on in a while, and i also have not checked my fico score in a long while. Last it was mid to high 600s. My question is this, can anyone recommened a card where there is a high percentage rate that i will be approved, and receive the card quickly. Please excuse if i am vague. Thank you!

If you are still in that range, especially the high 600's you should be able to qualify for the AMEX Delta Blue, AMEX Delta Gold and AMEX SPG credit cards. You would probably also qualify for the new Hilton Honors cards.

Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chala wrote:

How did you find that many business do not take Discover anymore? From my own experience most places I've been to will accept Discover as they do Visa/MasterCard, and my impression is that Discover acceptance is on the rising trend.

Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My experience has been Discover's acceptance is nearly on par with Visa and MC. Actually it's about 9.5million to 9.3million, closer than I thought.

Anyway a secured card would be a shoe in but you'd need a deposit. As others have said cap1 is a good bet. Delivery time, in my experience with everything has been the standard 5-10days.
Message 7 of 24
Chala
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chala wrote:

How did you find that many business do not take Discover anymore? From my own experience most places I've been to will accept Discover as they do Visa/MasterCard, and my impression is that Discover acceptance is on the rising trend.

I dont want to get off topic, and perhaps i misspoke but a few businesses i order from online do not accept Discover, i would like to stay in the visa/mastercard area

Message 8 of 24
Chala
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyway a secured card would be a shoe in but you'd need a deposit. As others have said cap1 is a good bet. Delivery time, in my experience with everything has been the standard 5-10days.

I already have a sceured card i am looking for an unsecured card 

Message 9 of 24
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Chala wrote:

Your question is impossible to answer considering the lack of information supplied

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.