Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card that will approve

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card that will approve

What CR Amex pull from, for the cards you mentioned?
Message 11 of 24
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

AMEX pulls Experian 8 Score
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FlagDownRR I just spit hot chocolate through my nose on my phone when I read that. I think I have second degree burns inside my nostrils.
Message 13 of 24
Chala
Contributor

Will i take a hit on my score using the pre-qual site's? I would love to get something with the chance to build airfare milage!

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Cap1.. Try the pre-qual site and see what shows up.  Other pre-qual sites around as well, but most likely depending on profile Cap1 will be the most generous.. Although it all depends on what you are looking for and without AAoA, Util, Inquiries, Fico Scores, DTI, etc we can only speculate.  You should apply for the card you want and can use vs. what you can get approved for as nothing in the credit life is guranteed.

Message 14 of 24
ChessChik47
Frequent Contributor

@Chala wrote:

Will i take a hit on my score using the pre-qual site's? I would love to get something with the chance to build airfare milage!

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Cap1.. Try the pre-qual site and see what shows up.  Other pre-qual sites around as well, but most likely depending on profile Cap1 will be the most generous.. Although it all depends on what you are looking for and without AAoA, Util, Inquiries, Fico Scores, DTI, etc we can only speculate.  You should apply for the card you want and can use vs. what you can get approved for as nothing in the credit life is guranteed.

No...when checking for prequalifications it's a soft pull on your credit.

Message 15 of 24
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
My experience has been Discover's acceptance is nearly on par with Visa and MC. Actually it's about 9.5million to 9.3million, closer than I thought.

Anyway a secured card would be a shoe in but you'd need a deposit. As others have said cap1 is a good bet. Delivery time, in my experience with everything has been the standard 5-10days.

+1 the only places that don't accept Discover around here are small businesses, like my neighborhood grocery store because they don't want to pay the fees.

On topic: just about every major issuer has a pre-qual that uses a SP. If they give you a single APR and 1 or 2 cards, it's pretty much a given, but if you get APR ranges and a list of all their cards, probably not.

Message 16 of 24
Chala
Contributor

thank you

@ChessChik47 wrote:

@Chala wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

No...when checking for prequalifications it's a soft pull on your credit.

thank you

Message 17 of 24
Chala
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chala wrote:

So many businesses do not take Discover anymore i am finding.

How did you find that many business do not take Discover anymore? From my own experience most places I've been to will accept Discover as they do Visa/MasterCard, and my impression is that Discover acceptance is on the rising trend.

@Anonymous to update i did choose Discover and it came suprisingly fast, 3 business days with a resonable credit limit. But @Anonymous, @Anonymous i am immediately starting to notice the companies that do not accept the Discover card,  two quick ones are the wire transfer company "MoneyGram" and the "Dickies" apparel company for which i use regularly, and i am sure there are quite a few others. I don't know why, but it is what it is, i already have the card, i am not going to apply for a Master Card or Visa. Thanks!

Message 18 of 24
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Could go get one FICO score from Discover's Credit Scorecard for free, and you could try their prequalify..... And youd have some more data for us to ingest.... And as someone suggested try Cap One prequalify, and even Amex might be an option depending on scores... Less vagueness, better advice =) -J
Message 19 of 24
joltdude
Senior Contributor

A lot of credit cards consider Moneygram as a CASH ADVANCE and really dont want you using them for such.. Not surprised discover isnt supported at all...

Another trick for mail order..... if they dont take Discover but take Paypal, set your Discover as a payment source for PP....or select paypal and use your discover card on the Paypal payment form on mail order site... (it will redirect you to a paypal login or enter card number on a Paypal webpage) you usually dont even have to login to PP to do this... 

And again. Whats the FICO score discover gave you, and did you sign up for Discovers Credit Scorecard... that way you can get 2! different CRA Fico scores once per month.. and you might find you still can go for a Visa/MC... Since it would be useful for your purchasing habits. 

-J

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.