cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card to Suit my needs in this Situation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Card to Suit my needs in this Situation?

Sorry that was a typo, yes the CSP.

So here's my strategy I intend to do. PC the CSP to the CSR. Then apply for a new CC (i.e. Freedom Unlimited with the $150 offer). Then I have money in my savings that could either do the sapphire banking or get 2.45% with cit bank.

But I have a couple of questions about the plan above.

1.) Since I just paid the af for the csp, would I be subject to paying the hefty $450 fee, or until next year?

2.) This is considered a soft pull (for the product change)? So theoritically Product Change (soft pull)--> Apply for a new cc (Hard Pull)---> Then open up a cit savings account (soft pull), would be a good order to go in, and the soft pull inquires shouldn't affect my credit (only the hard pull)?

Thanks

Message 11 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry that was a typo, yes the CSP.

So here's my strategy I intend to do. PC the CSP to the CSR. Then apply for a new CC (i.e. Freedom Unlimited with the $150 offer). Then I have money in my savings that could either do the sapphire banking or get 2.45% with cit bank.

But I have a couple of questions about the plan above.

1.) Since I just paid the af for the csp, would I be subject to paying the hefty $450 fee, or until next year?

The CSP AF will be credited back to the account.  You would be responsible for the AF on the new account type (in this case, CSR) as soon as the PC is done, but in practice it sometimes takes a month or two (occasionally longer) for it to show up.  It's not uncommon to see reports of people using the $300 travel credit before the AF appears (YMMV).

2.) This is considered a soft pull (for the product change)? So theoritically Product Change (soft pull)--> Apply for a new cc (Hard Pull)---> Then open up a cit savings account (soft pull), would be a good order to go in, and the soft pull inquires shouldn't affect my credit (only the hard pull)? 

Yep, only the HP will impact your score (and likely not much at that).

Thanks

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So here's my strategy I intend to do. PC the CSP to the CSR. Then apply for a new CC (i.e. Freedom Unlimited with the $150 offer).

Note that Chase recently replaced the $150 offer by a 3% cashback for the first year on the Freedom Unlimited.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for telling me that.

Sorry for the late post, I was thinking these last few days. I'm thinking my min spend would probably be around $3K. So far I have these expenses/upcoming expenses:

• Need new eyeglasses, exam: $120-200 ($50-100 for exam, $70-100 for lenses, I already bought the frame).
  • Moving security system: currently paying $30/mo for crappy security service. I found a better company that charges 17.50/mo., but wants me to prepay 3 mo + $89 one time fee. So I profit after month 7.
  • My friend is having a wedding and agreed to give me the cash and let me order the food on his tab (this will be around $400 or over).
  • Switching family cell phone service to save $20 with unlimited data and hotspot (but I have to pay $110 the first month, then our bill drops to $60 ($30 each).
  • My computer is crapping out sometimes and over 10 years old, so I need to get a new one. In the meantime, I could pick up some parts I know that will be compatible with most computers like a ssd ($50-110), looking for 500gb-1tb model.

Or I'm wondering, I always wanted a used rolex (Submariner) around $3k. Could I buy that, get a card that has 0% apr for about a year, and pay $250/mo? That would hit my min spend, the right rolexes pretty much hold their value, and with a card like the capital one savor, that would knock $500 off, so basically I have a asset that doesn't lose money.

I know that was alot, just was wondering what my options were?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.