cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card with Rewards for Utilities???

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Credit Card with Rewards for Utilities???

Is there a credit card out there that gives either cash back or points for paying utilities with it?  Are the just for specific utility companies or for any?  I'd love to have a rewards card for my cable/internet/phone bundle (Hargray), my electric (Palmetto Electric), my water (Hilton Head PSD) and my garbage/recyling (Republic Services).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Credit Card with Rewards for Utilities???

Its kinda crazy you asked because i was just looking at Barclay Rewards Master Card and noticed its 2 points per dollar on utilities which ive never seen. So yeah Barclays Rewards does utilities.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)
Message 2 of 15
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@kimmiller112 wrote:

Is there a credit card out there that gives either cash back or points for paying utilities with it?  Are the just for specific utility companies or for any?  I'd love to have a rewards card for my cable/internet/phone bundle (Hargray), my electric (Palmetto Electric), my water (Hilton Head PSD) and my garbage/recyling (Republic Services).

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

US Bank Cash+ Visa Signature Card gives 5% cash back by psying utilities (electric bill, insurance etc.) and Amex Hilton HHonors gives you 3 points/$1 to pay cable, wireless.

Ron.

Message 3 of 15
Highlighted
Established Contributor

My charter one plat rewards gets 1% cashback unless its the category that I used the most money for in that month... then I get 3%, but gas is always my 3% category.

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 4 of 15
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My electric company won't take credit card for payment Woman Sad

Lots of cards and counting !!
Las Vegas REALTOR
FICO 800ish Shooting for 800+
BCE 20K,ED 10K,Sky 2K, DCVR $6800, Slate 8K, Freedom 5k, Care Credit 10K, Lowes 10K, Cap1 QS $11500, Venture 15K, Paypal 5k Hidden, US Bank Edge Cash Business 20K and NFL $1500 soon to DIE.
Message 5 of 15
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

becareful most electric and gas companies have "convience fees" tacked on when you pay with a card. 

Cable, Cellphone, Satelite  companies take cards with no fees, and Amex Zync offers 2pts/$1 with the connect pack

Most insuracne companies handle cards just fine. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 6 of 15
Highlighted
Established Contributor

AMEX HHonors Surpass gives 6pts/dollar for utilities, cable, internet and phone

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 7 of 15
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

@Cdnewmanpac wrote:

AMEX HHonors Surpass gives 6pts/dollar for utilities, cable, internet and phone

We need to create a sticky on reward categories much like we should for secured cards for this forum.

Will be a PITA to keep updated, but this is the sort of information that would be enormously helpful in a tabular format... on the assumption someone out on the web hasn't done it previously.... which admittedly has probably happened but I've never stumbled across it yet.

        
Message 8 of 15
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Zync's connect pack gives you double points for paying cable/cell phone/etc. bills.
Message 9 of 15
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I pay phone (verizon) and water bills with Amex points. I spend on amex specifically to build points to do so. Amex points are also the grt to buy Amazon items. Bought a Primo ceramic grill with points.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.