cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card with Rewards for Utilities???

tag
LilNYC
New Contributor

Re: Credit Card with Rewards for Utilities???

All of the Chase Ink cards (cash, bold, classic, plus) give 5% back on internet/cable/telecom. They are biz cards though. Also, if you bank with Chase they up it to 6%. 

us Bank CASh + 5% back on bill pay (plus an extra $25 if you wait till you rack up $100 to redeem)

Amex Hilton- double points which is 6 hilton pts/$1 spent on cell phone/ cable

Citi Thank You $13,200 - Chase Freedom $3,100 - AMEX Zync NPSL (init. ability $17.5K) - Citi Forward $7,000 - AMEX BCP $6,000 - USAA Rate Adv $15,000 - USAA World MC $12,000 - Discover More $4,000 - Amex Hilton Honors $4,500 - Amex SPG $2,000 - Barclay's Priceline Rewards $6,400 - Chase Sapphire Pref. $7,500

EQ: 794. TU: 704. EX: 755
Message 11 of 15
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Amex Zync Connect Pack costs $15 per year, and gives 2x points for internet, cable, satellite, cell phone. I use it primarily for those charges every month.

Good to know about Barclay's MC. I wonder if water/sewer and garbage pickup would be coded as utilities for Barclay's.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 15
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I paid a water bill with my Household bank platinum with 2% back and got credit for it and I paid a house insurance bill on it which also worked. Discover more lets you pay utilities for credit. You have to sign up for it online. They have a list of company's they accept online.  

Message 13 of 15
FrugalRican
Blogger

@ShiningDown wrote:

I paid a water bill with my Household bank platinum with 2% back and got credit for it and I paid a house insurance bill on it which also worked. Discover more lets you pay utilities for credit. You have to sign up for it online. They have a list of company's they accept online.  

This is what I do.

Discover for my utilities.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 14 of 15
ramblin_wreck08
Regular Contributor

Edit: Tried changing the page on my phone and somehow managed to post "1".

But since I posted might as well reply.

Personally I just use whatever cards I want to get points/cash back on.  The one that's closest to redemption is the one I use to try to push me over the edge, as I don't really have a card that's all that great with rewards for utilities.

Amex BCP $20k | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $16.5k | Amex HHonors $10k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.