cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards That Earn Cashback On Web Hosting?

tag
sosabe77
Contributor

Credit Cards That Earn Cashback On Web Hosting?

Web hosting is a pretty significant monthly bill for my business.  Are there any cards that code hosting charges under one of their cashback categories?

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Re: Any Credit Cards That Earn Cashback On Web Hosting?

That is a good question..

You always have Blispay @ 2% on everything...

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards That Earn Cashback On Web Hosting?

No way. Check which MCC code the charges are posted under...it's likely 7299, the most miscellaneous out of all miscellaneous categories
Message 3 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
No way. Check which MCC code the charges are posted under...it's likely 7299, the most miscellaneous out of all miscellaneous categories

I believe Blispay is 2% period - no exceptions

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It is, so web hosting would be at 2%

Message 5 of 11
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think CreditSnoflax "No way" meant there is no way you are going to get a card that gives special rewards in that category, compared to a flat 2% like Blispay, Double Cash, Fidelity Visa and others.

Message 6 of 11
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think CreditSnoflax "No way" meant there is no way you are going to get a card that gives special rewards in that category, compared to a flat 2% like Blispay, Double Cash, Fidelity Visa and others.

The American Express SimplyCash Plus Business card has a selectable 3% category of U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing , which includes Rackspace. So if your web hosting happened to be via Rackspace, then you could get 3% cash back.  https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/rewards-info/business.html

However, 3% isn't much better than cards that give 2% off any spending, and there is even the JCB Marukai card that gives 3% on all spending if you are in one of the western states that they serve. So, probably a few 2% cards are best, as that gives you the freedom to choose the most cost effective web hosting service. It all depends on your yearly spend:

non-category BBR-2.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 7 of 11
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The American Express SimplyCash Plus Business card has a selectable 3% category of U.S. computer hardware, software, and cloud computing , which includes Rackspace. So if your web hosting happened to be via Rackspace, then you could get 3% cash back.  https://www.americanexpress.com/us/content/rewards-info/business.html

However, 3% isn't much better than cards that give 2% off any spending, and there is even the JCB Marukai card that gives 3% on all spending if you are in one of the western states that they serve. So, probably a few 2% cards are best, as that gives you the freedom to choose the most cost effective web hosting service. It all depends on your yearly spend:

Probably won't have luck using the JCB card for web hosting.  Very few online credit card forms support JCB.  In person it (usually) goes through as Discover, but not so online.  

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@fltireguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Correct! OP asked about web hosting getting its own category. If that wasn't the question, obviously a flat 2% is the answer.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've seen a number of web hosts that get categorized as an internet service provider on my Chase Ink Cash card, and get 5%.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.