cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards: What's your ACL (avg credit limit)?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards: What's your ACL (avg credit limit)?

186.6k/18=10.4k avg CL.  seem to have a split with approvals, have some redudant limits of 2k, 7.5k, 15k, 20k, but some is from reallocation.  

If I didn't have the WF propel world I'd be all over FNBO Travel Elite Amex and/or US Banks Altitude Reserve (wish they would eliminate these words like platinum, gold, reserve, elite, and maybe be more like Apple and stop trying to be so distinguishable...visa infinite, wemc etc is fine though)....honestly after being initially denied for WF I had to take a few steps back and just try to evaluate everything (and also failing to realize they are not big on credit cards and are more about mortgages), but...it seems to be just about perfect right now. Feels nice to not instantly jump on new cards.  Gotta say the FNBO card is a no brainer, and that 3x mobile payment on US bank is really interesting though!  And how about that flexperks being exchangable at 1-1.5x!! (and after missing out on fnbo's 6.5 now 7.xxV w/ 1.5x amex, and other limited time offers, FNBO is definitely highest on my radar).  After recently discovering that amex is basically accepted anywhere thanks to samsung pay,  I am basically getting a 4.6% return on anything biz related when reimbursed for air travel on my chosen airline ec with blue for buisness paired with biz plat.  And totally loving the cell phone insurance with WF.

Message 21 of 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

21.9K/10 accounts

L-1500

H-50K

Message 22 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great data thus far everyone.

It would seem that a large amount of store cards tends to drive ACL down quite a bit in many situations.  Good to know that ACL isn't a factor in FICO scoring though.  I wasn't aware that it only had an impact on insurance scores.  Anyone know why that is the case?

Message 23 of 40
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

$42,800 across 8 cards = $5,350 ACL.

Thanks BBS. I never thought of it this way. Pretty cool to see at least I'm averaging $5K a CC 😂

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 24 of 40
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

BBS, people who have a lot of store cards tend to shop in strip malls and have a lot of fender benders. Probably not the reason why, but I'm going with that!
Message 25 of 40
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@K-in-Boston wrote:
BBS, people who have a lot of store cards tend to shop in strip malls and have a lot of fender benders. Probably not the reason why, but I'm going with that!

lol

Message 26 of 40
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Low= 5500

High= 15000

Average= 9500

Most of my cards are 10000 with 3 lower and 3 higher. At one time if they set the CL higher, I would call to have it lowered to 10k, which is why most are 10k.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 27 of 40
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The beauty of a 10k limit is that it's a snap to figure out your utilization.

Message 28 of 40
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I blew my ACLSmiley Wink
Message 29 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

$28200 total CL across 8 cards=$3525

Lows: $500, but it's Chase 15 mos post-BK, and $1000, but it's NFCU, so I'm happy to have my foot in the proverbial doors!

High: $10000 Cap1 QS

In May it will go to $28200 across 7 cards=$4028, after I combine my Platinum QS into my QS WEMC, and that is not including any CLIs that may occur.

Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.