Credit Cards that Blacklist

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Do you still get blacklisted if you paid off the card

@sjt wrote:

@JMills wrote:

Good Day,

How does blacklisting work do you still get blacklisted if you paid off the card.

Thanks

You should not be blacklisted after paying off the card, if it was paid to the original creditor and not a JDB.

It all depends on the lender how much they want to take a risk on YOU again! And yes, you can still be blacklisted even if you've paid off all of it via directly to them or collections at worse. Always remember having 'Credit' is a privilege not a right. With that said, you would have to make the decision do they "the one you want"  reallyl matter to me and why? You have a ton of other options out there that are willing to work with you. In otherwords, you're approval odds are greater with a different lender! We're not perfect such as life sh! happens but the ones who hold a grudge, my feelings are reciprocal. No loss no gain just move on. The credit industry is not a one trick pony... The key that will screw anyone is making the same mistakes twice or more! All lenders want to make sure you're not a one trick pony!

Message 41 of 64
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Re: Credit Cards that Blacklist

I screwed Amex,chase and BOA back 2007. I applied for chase in 2017!and was denied. I’ve seen on the forum that if I received a HP that means I’m not on their blacklist. Does that sound true for chase?
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 42 of 64
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:
I screwed Amex,chase and BOA back 2007. I applied for chase in 2017!and was denied. I’ve seen on the forum that if I received a HP that means I’m not on their blacklist. Does that sound true for chase?

What was the denial reason?   If it was something like "unsatisfactory relationship" then still sort of blacklisted.

Message 43 of 64
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

Honestly I don’t ever recall getting a letter from them. I’m sure I did and just threw it away thinking I was blacklisted. I applied back in 2017 too long ago for me to remember hell I can’t even remember what I had for dinner last week let alone 2017 lol. Thanks for reply nonetheless.
NFCU Flagship 32,500 | Penfed PowerCash 8,750 | PENFED GOLD 12,500 | PenFed PL 20,000 | NFCU AMEX Rewards 37,500 | NFCU GoRewards 7,000 | FNBO VISA SIGNATURE 9,400 | Capital One Quicksilver 6,300 | Lowe’s 34,500 | Wells Fargo Propel 19,700 | Barclay Apple1k | Citi Rewards+ 12,100 | Citi Double Cash 14,800 | Citi Simplicity 7,000 | PNC Core VISA 22,500 | USAA AMEX 13,000 | Discover 19,500 | BB&T Rewards 4,500 | BB&T Bright Card 4,500 | GS Apple 6,000 | Chevron 2,500 | Fico 8 Scores EQ=764 | EX=775 | TU=757scores and CL current as of 04/04/24 AAoA years 24 months | AoOA=18yrs
Message 44 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@JMills wrote:

Good Day,

I am curious to know is it true that credit card companies blacklist and if so, what are the names. If you are on the blacklist how can you get off. Its been awhile since I been on here and Im catching up on all the credit stuff.

My understanding is that, if you declare a bankruptcy, even if you don't have an Amex account included in the filing, Amex will decline an account application to them, and won't give you pre-qualified offers, until at least 5 years and 1 month either after BK filing or BK discharge. In my case, this means that the earliest I could apply for an Amex card and not expect to be more or less automatically declined would be either October 2019 or January 2020.

I got an AMEX card 5 years 4 months ($2000) after filing CH13. My second card was at 5 years 9 months ($8000) after filing. AMEX was not IIB.

Message 45 of 64
SFLSpotter9210
Valued Contributor

I don’t think I’ll be welcomed to Amex anytime soon. I just recently was sent notification for settlement offer from them. Mind you the CO was from 2007-2008 time frame. To be honest I don’t miss them regardless.
Message 46 of 64
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It all depends on the lender how much they want to take a risk on YOU again! And yes, you can still be blacklisted even if you've paid off all of it via directly to them or collections at worse. Always remember having 'Credit' is a privilege not a right. With that said, you would have to make the decision do they "the one you want"  reallyl matter to me and why? You have a ton of other options out there that are willing to work with you. In otherwords, you're approval odds are greater with a different lender! We're not perfect such as life sh! happens but the ones who hold a grudge, my feelings are reciprocal. No loss no gain just move on. The credit industry is not a one trick pony... The key that will screw anyone is making the same mistakes twice or more! All lenders want to make sure you're not a one trick pony!

90% of the time when someone is blacklisted its because they took a loss on you. If you pay them back they recouped. You will be taken off the blacklist. That simply means that you would not be automatically denied but you would have to meet their credit criteria. 

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 47 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does this sound like I'm black listed?

I defaulted on a CC from a bank over 10+ years ago. I have one credit card from a bank (9 years) and store credit card (8 years), never missed a payment. My score from the big three are 750+ (not combined LOL) and my utilization is about 10%. I applied for a credit union card, got denied and then I tried for a cap1 card and got denied. I don't have a car payment, I have a mortgage and that's it. I just wanted to take advantage of reward points, I don't understand why I'm getting denied.

Message 48 of 64
sjt
Senior Contributor

What were the reasons for denial and who have you burned in the past?
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 49 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it was Wells Fargo. It was a student card.

Denial is saying I have limited credit history and debt to income ratio... Which doesn't make sense. 

Message 50 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.