Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards that Update with Zero Balance Mid-Cycle

@Anonymous wrote:

Is our friend Federalist still updating this thread?  Looks like there is new information about Citi, BOA, Synchrony, and Comenity.

I'll be back soon to update. Had a situation. Be back soon, though.

Message 31 of 38
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to add for information purposes:

Chase will update your balance mid-cycle anytime you request it, as long as it is different than what appears on your report.

I talked to a Chase supervisor yesterday, and she confirmed this. They'll update anytime upon request. This would be helpful to those who haven't paid to zero but have paid to a balance that's more "flattering." It would also be helpful to someone who's gotten into a position where all cards are reporting zero.

Message 32 of 38
ashjt2011
Regular Contributor

Question on the Lowes card. I was slightly confused after reading about Lowes. 

I was planning on using it to buy appliances for my new home a couple weeks before closing. I need a refrigerator, washer and dryer. As for it doesn't come with those. The statement cuts on the 21st of each month. I was going to wait until after the statement cut. Its had a 0 dollar balance on it for about a year now.

If I purchase the appliance on say, April 25th, is the increase in balance going to reflect on my credit reports right away? I close on May 9th and absolutely cannot have any more debt go on my credit report. 

Message 33 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Discover for something else the other day and asked them to update the $0 balance but they didn't seem to know how to do it. They just told me they update the balance every month.

Message 34 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope Capital one still doesn't as of today

Question, do you still need a rapid rescore if the company's force report for you?

Message 35 of 38
rprisco
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if Keybank will do mid cycle updates?

Separately, im trying to figure out my new PLOC and when it reports and what balance it reports. I use it heavy close to cl (26.5k) for business, better and cheaper than opening and paying personal loans all the time. I just want to be careful what reports. Btw statement date is the 7th, but the bureau's receive updates on 31st and 1st of each month and that balance is the current statement balance, somehow b4 the statement print date. Any info would be appreciated.
Current Scores as of 8/18/17 all FICO 8 EQ: 695 EX: 673 *fico2 699 TU:645 bio has more.
Message 36 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amazon store card updated on the date of my due date Smiley Happy about a week before the statement cuts. I wouldn't consider that mid-cycle.

9/21- Statement cut $6 bal

9/24- Paid bal to $0

9/25- Update $0 bal to CSR

10/3-10/8- Charged $69

10/13- Due date $0 due

10/13- Updated $69 bal to CSR

10/15- Paid bal to $0

10/21- Satement will cut

Message 37 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and tried to get Citi to report - no dice.  They said it just has to happen at the statement date - totally bummed because I  paid to zero and it won't update until the 24th and I need the score bump!   (Paid off $10K of Util just to get it!)

Message 38 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.