Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards w/ Big Benefits & No Annual Fee

tag
cardme
Established Member

Credit Cards w/ Big Benefits & No Annual Fee

I am at a really good place in the garden, but something keeps popping up in my mind.  One of the cards I obtained a couple of years back is the PenFed Pathfinder card.  I love this card, I mean who wouldn't ($100 in travel incidentals every year with no annual fee).  There have to be other cards out there that offer some awesome benefits with no annual fee (even if they have other requirements in order to obtain them).  What are some other cards you all have heard of that offer statement credits (of any sort) for no annual fee?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Credit Cards w/ Big Benefits & No Annual Fee

No longer available for new applicants, but Bank of America's Better Balance Rewards offers a $25 statement credit each quarter if you pay in full (or at least more than the minimum payment) each month.  ($30 if you have a BOA checking or savings account.). Up to $120/year.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex offers are nice. Especially the Shop Small offer that ran until last month. If you had other Amex network cards like the WF/NFCU ones, there's potential to milk offers like that even more.

AOD 3% card with low APR and minimal/no fees for things like CA/BT, I'd consider those terms a benefit in itself

UBS Visa Sig, no AF, has rental and travel coverage comparable to some AF cards. 

Message 3 of 18
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Also no longer available: FNBO Travelite AmEx $0 AF, which offers $100 Global Entry fee reimbursement and $100 airline incidental fee reimbursement annually.

It's one of my favorite cards. 

Message 4 of 18
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

No longer available for new applicants, but Bank of America's Better Balance Rewards offers a $25 statement credit each quarter if you pay in full (or at least more than the minimum payment) each month.  ($30 if you have a BOA checking or savings account.). Up to $120/year.

The gift that keeps on giving,  I just got my latest cash reward on 10/5.

FNBO TravElite was another example of a good card that was closed to new applications, besides the SUB and Global Entry reimbursements they had a $100/yr credit for airline incidental charges.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 18
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited.

Chase Freedom Flex.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 6 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Surprised that they haven't done a nerf or forced conversion yet!   Or maybe the cost is small enough, just didn't want it to grow.

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

WF Propel offers a lot for no AF. 

3% on gas, dining, travel (rental cars, hotels, cruises, airfare, etc.), parking, and tolls. Cell phone coverage, earn more mall discounts, and Amex offers.  Extended warranty (still I think).

Message 8 of 18
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Surprised that they haven't done a nerf or forced conversion yet!   Or maybe the cost is small enough, just didn't want it to grow.

They did at least stop the bleeding by no longer allowing people to have 35 BBR accounts.

Message 9 of 18
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Navy Flagship is hard to beat.

$49 AF but $500 SUB offered periodically.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.