Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Cards with low scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Cards with low scores

Has anyone had personal experience with a CC company that is helpful towards consumers with low socres    like mid to low 500's        (please don't laugh too had)
    lol jk

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Cards with low scores

Well how low is low from what i know with scores that low would recommened CU secured card to build your credit wish i would have went that route my first card when anyone would approve at all me was a best buy rz mc but a big downfall is that the card has a limit of 320.00 a 79 AF and  really no chance of a cli.but since i have had this card my scores in the last year have went from 540's to 630's . plus some grooming of my CR's if i knew then what i know now i would go with a CU and get a good secured card try local CU's to as long as you get a card that reports to the 3 CB's make your payments and have a low UT you can start to build takes time. 
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is helpful,  I applied for an unsecured CC that had a cli of 250 and an af of 175 all billed before CC was issued then found out they report to EXP only so um yeah kind of pointless so I think i will just take my 520 and 490 and wait   thanks for your input
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah orchard and first premier are bad at giving you a cc and the hitting your cc for monster fees etc then you have 25.00 left on you cc these cards can rebuild but a secured card will help you more and give you the satisfaction that if you pay on time or pif every month you should get it unsecured after a period of time and get your secured deposit back much better then 175.00 worth of fees that you never see again
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good point I should just bite the bullet and do it anyway, it would help in the long run.  Thanks again
Message 5 of 11
valarie1

try applied bank...secured card..$59 annual fee...credit limit is deposit....9.99 apr...appliedbank.com
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

that does sound like a better idea
Message 7 of 11
mt2va
Established Contributor

Try joining a credit union.  Put some money in an account with them every payday & try for a CC with them.  Credit unions tend to be better about working with people with lower scores.  Also some offere secured cards.  In the meantime work on getting your score up higher. 
Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since starting working with FICO I have removed a foreclosure and a few accounts and removed other accounts but that leaves me with no credit so I think I should do the credit union thing       I am in Texas, do you have any ideas of good unions locally?
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

i do not know about CU's in texas if you don't find one locally i would recommend

alliant - downside have to be a member of a orginazation to join Pta membership is the easiest way

nfcu or usaa - downside have to be in or retired from military or a family member that already belongs

i belong to usaa and nfcu hope to get some good TL's in the future as score increases

hope this help a little

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.