Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Care (Synchrony Bank) or PLOC?

tag
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Credit Care (Synchrony Bank) or PLOC?

I'm suppose to be gardening BUT I feel like I need to get one more INQ/new account out of the way before I can stay firmly under the dirt lol. Always wanted cosmetic surgery and I'm thinking of doing it now or I'll need to wait until after I purchase my home which could be late 2017 or sometime in 2018. Doing it now would mean I'll pay it off within a year.

Not sure if I want to get a PLOC since I am still within 90 days with PenFed or should I go with Credit Care? I'm only thinking of a PLOC to avoid another HP and new account. If Credit Care, which bureau do they pull? Are the inquiry and new account sensitive?

Or should I garden, get the house and "girls" (LOL) later?

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Care (Synchrony Bank) or PLOC?

Care Credit/Sync typically pull TU and can be very generous.  I was approved at almost $10k out of the gate. PenFed PLOC is awesome but I'll be honest, it's a lot harder to get than their credit cards.  Most folks are shot down instantly, some go pending with a loan officer and still denied.  But there are some success stories as well.  I'll also add that CareCredit tend to have really good finance options as well.  Depending on what procedure you're having,  you can score 0% for a year or better.  As you know with a PLOC that isn't the case.  Best of luck in whatever you decide.  

Message 2 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your call, but I would go for the PLOC first and then Care Credit. Let us know how it goes.

Message 3 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to finance my Invisalign with 0% APR for 24 months with Care Credit. I financed $3.4k. 

Message 4 of 30
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Care Credit can have some really good 0% offers.

You might want to check with your provider to see what could be available (there's evidence on here that the promo offered at the time of sale can be somewhat specific to the provider, i.e. how many months you're given).  Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 30
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

Care Credit/Sync typically pull TU and can be very generous.  I was approved at almost $10k out of the gate. PenFed PLOC is awesome but I'll be honest, it's a lot harder to get than their credit cards.  Most folks are shot down instantly, some go pending with a loan officer and still denied.  But there are some success stories as well.  I'll also add that CareCredit tend to have really good finance options as well.  Depending on what procedure you're having,  you can score 0% for a year or better.  As you know with a PLOC that isn't the case.  Best of luck in whatever you decide.  

TU, that is great to hear as the others are chilling on ICE ***BRRRRR****.  I can spare an INQ with TU.

Well I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the PLOC, I really have nothing to lose. I requested $20K (because I think the procedure will cost about $10K or more) and they offered a 10.5% APR. App is pending...so lets see how that goes. THANKSSS

TCL= $172,800
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 30
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your call, but I would go for the PLOC first and then Care Credit. Let us know how it goes.

You're right, I did. App pendingSmiley Wink Thanks 

TCL= $172,800

Message 7 of 30
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Care Credit can have some really good 0% offers.

You might want to check with your provider to see what could be available (there's evidence on here that the promo offered at the time of sale can be somewhat specific to the provider, i.e. how many months you're given)Smiley Wink

I'm almost sure you're right. I believe I read that on their site. Let's see what Pendfed says. Even if approved, I might still go with Credit Care because of those 0% offers. I will def check with my provider Uncle BSmiley Wink

TCL= $172,800

Message 8 of 30
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was able to finance my Invisalign with 0% APR for 24 months with Care Credit. I financed $3.4k. 

That is awsome. I would LOVE something like. I want a pair of "GIRLS" and LasikSmiley Happy

TCL= $172,800

Message 9 of 30
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

DW and I both had Care Credit.
I had a $15k line and she had a $9k line.
All but one of the kids are out of the house so we figured it was time get selfish and fix our selves up for a change.
She went for the whole enchilada of dental work last year to the tune of $12k financed for 24 months at 0%.
Part on hers and part on mine for utilization.
That's all well and good, but I was stuck with hard payments of $500 a month.
That was easily payable or I could pay it off with savings.
No! We have a strict rule in our house. Savings are for old age!
I payed the 2% fee and BT'd the balance over to Capital One on the 0% for 18 months.
I pay more than the original $500, but if I get in a pickle, I can reduce it down lower if I have to. I feel better with this arrangement.
When that's paid off, it'll be my turn
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.