Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit First - Firestone account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit First - Firestone account

I opened this account a little over 4 years ago.  Apparently when you receive the card, you are supposed to take it to a Firestone location to have it activated.  I never did this and it is showing on my credit reports as a $0 limit with no balance of course.  I did try a few months ago to activate the card but Credit First said no because of my scores.  If I were to have this "closed" would this help or hurt my score?  Will it hurt my AAoA to close it even with the $0 balance?  My AAoA at this point is 4 1/2 years.  Any help on this is appreciated.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit First - Firestone account

It won't hurt your AAoA, though some take age of open accounts into consideration. Have you tried going in and using it to make an oil change purchase? FWIW, I was accepted online, used it in store, and they forgot to note they verified ID. I had to go back and have them verify ID to have them report. Plan on getting an oil change with it to keep it active.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did try that a few months ago but to no avail.  I find it strange that it is an open account with a $0 limit and they won't give me any increase.

Message 3 of 6
texasman07
Established Contributor

I applied for this card online and got a 1200.00 limit.  I went in today to get my back tire and a spare. very good service. they didnt have my tires on hand so a rep drove down to another firestone for me and picked them up. got a free oil change also.  back to the card----> i went online to see my credit limit while i was at the store it said 0$! i freaked out and called cs. they said i had to activeate it with the service tech to "open" my credit line.  good thing i got my tires right away since i apped for the card this past week

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tires Plus treated me pretty well when I pulled out my card. Guy came out and said there was a nail in the tire (because I had complained of air leaking while we were talking about the oil change).  I went to pay and he saw the card and said he'd do this plug for free. I'm sure it was only $5 or something, but it was nice.

Message 5 of 6
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Tires Plus treated me pretty well when I pulled out my card. Guy came out and said there was a nail in the tire (because I had complained of air leaking while we were talking about the oil change).  I went to pay and he saw the card and said he'd do this plug for free. I'm sure it was only $5 or something, but it was nice.

I don't know how much Tires Plus charges for a plug but I once paid $18 at a local Shell station for a simple plug and I know Pep Boys here charges $25. Just an FYI.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.