cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Karma pop up for credit card offers. Real offers or sales tactics??

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Credit Karma pop up for credit card offers. Real offers or sales tactics??

While going over my Credit Karma account under tha area where I says my credit score the is a link for

Congradulations we have found a offer just for you based on your credit file.

AMEX BLUE CASH PREFERED and a button that says

TAKE OFFER

Is this a real AMEX pre-approval like going through AMEX website preapproval form that matched you up with a SP.

DO they really match you with preapproval credit card applications or are they just steering people to make credit card company sales and applications that maybe you will be apprived for. This is Not the one on the top that says you have a excellent chcne of being approved.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Credit Karma pop up for credit card offers. Real offers or sales tactics??

@MidnightJester wrote:

While going over my Credit Karma account under tha area where I says my credit score the is a link for

Congradulations we have found a offer just for you based on your credit file.

AMEX BLUE CASH PREFERED and a button that says

TAKE OFFER

Is this a real AMEX pre-approval like going through AMEX website preapproval form that matched you up with a SP.

DO they really match you with preapproval credit card applications or are they just steering people to make credit card company sales and applications that maybe you will be apprived for. This is Not the one on the top that says you have a excellent chcne of being approved.

I don't think any of the offers on CK are pre qualifed ones. If anything CK probably gets some kick back for anybody that applies thru their links. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 5
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

i think it is just marketing.......some they say I would be approved For I wasn't others they say I have a poor chance of getting I have

Message 3 of 5
eagle2013
Established Contributor

It seems to be fairly accurate in my case. They had me for "very good" chances of being approved for AMEX BCP, Chase Freedom, Discover It, etc. and I was instantly approved for all of them. They also had my chances of Capital One Quicksilver and Platinum as being "Fair", naturally, because I have a derogatory tradeline with them. So they just don't go on score alone. There has also been some anecdotal evidence from other boards that applying through CK increases chances of a TU pull.  

Message 4 of 5
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Nope. Early on when I was new to credit it told me that I was prequalified for a couple of cards, of course I applied to both and was denied. Right now, it is showing me that I am prequalified for the cards I already have. Lol.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.