cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Limits for incomes less than $30k...

tag
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Credit Limits for incomes less than $30k...

I was just curious as to what kind of credit lines can one expect with an income less than 30K. For me my total credit lines come to $18k (most coming from AU). I was curious as to where everyone else is.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: Credit Limits for incomes less than $30k...

I reported $12,900 in yearly income and my cards and current limits as of this second are listed in my siggy.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 2 of 26
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I think there's a lot of voodoo to it. My income is in the vicinity described by the OP and my credit is clean. Earlier this year, one card approved me for an astounding $10k right out of the gate (instant approval, no recon). Three weeks later, another approved me for a whopping $400 (reconned to $1k). So who knows?

Message 3 of 26
Smug
Established Contributor

At 30k, I have 81k. At the moment
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 4 of 26
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Smug wrote:
At 30k, I have 81k. At the moment

Holly Crap, be careful buddy. Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 5 of 26
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Isn't that interesting? Out of my 16K in credit limits 7K are based off of my credit. I would assume someone making less than 30K would not get more than 5K? But who knows. By the way my income is around $22k and I am a full time pre medical student.

Message 6 of 26
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Smug, 81k at 30k is scary!

Message 7 of 26
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

my stuff is listed below. 23k/yr

Message 8 of 26
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Not bad! My friend is a doctor and she makes $330k a year and she doesn't have any credit cards over $2k. Wierd.

Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got out of grad school so I’ve had many years of low income and slowly building my credit from scratch. I have about $20K in revolving credit under my name with 2 cards at $7K each. I closed a few cards from back when I was starting out so if I kept those open I’d be closer to $30K. I’ve found Amex to be least flexible in raising my CL due to low income. The other banks seem not to mind as much although the increases are obviously smaller than for someone with higher income.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.