Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Line Increase denied due to unaccurate reporting, please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Credit Line Increase denied due to unaccurate reporting, please help

Yes I will take the advice given and add to the secured CC I guess.

Negative items such as late payments, 1-2 collections accounts and 1 charge off.

Again, should I use 30% and below utilization or go near credit limits?

Thanks for the help everyone, appreciate it.

Message 11 of 16
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

The negative items were not yours?

I'd use however much I want, but pay in full before the statement cuts every month, personally. Or possibly let one of them report a utilization below 10%.

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help everyone, will keep in mind going forward.

Quick question, is there a way the credit agencies can send letters to CC companies who made recent hard inquiries(the CC companies used my old credit report) and to make the CC companies aware of an improved score/less negative items?  If there a process to do this or timefame?

Message 13 of 16
codimom
Frequent Contributor

As far as I know... Credit Reporting agencies don't send letters on the behalf of credit card applications.

You sound very anxious to make things happen quickly... from my experience, NOTHING about credit repair/rebuilding is fast.
Let your cap1 age a little bit. Add more to the deposit if you want an increase.

Don't apply for any new credit, or ask for CLI for 6 months to a year.  Why? Those HPs that are on your report stay on your report for 2 years, but they don't mean much after 1 year.  They aren't gonna take those off.

Maxing out cards, (in my opinion so take it as that) in an effort to show the card issuer that you need more credit is a sure fire way to not get any more credit.  Seems they want to give it to you if you act like you don't need it.  Use your cards, Pay in full ( or let a balance of less than 10% utilization report). Take care of the 2 you have, and in a few short (although it seems neverending) months you will be looking better for better cards and limits.

Your mileage may vary .... good luck

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very well said and you answered all my questions.  Thanks for your response.  I am a bit anxious but just gotta play the waiting game now.  Thanks everyone Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@codimom wrote:

As far as I know... Credit Reporting agencies don't send letters on the behalf of credit card applications.

You sound very anxious to make things happen quickly... from my experience, NOTHING about credit repair/rebuilding is fast.
Let your cap1 age a little bit. Add more to the deposit if you want an increase.

Don't apply for any new credit, or ask for CLI for 6 months to a year.  Why? Those HPs that are on your report stay on your report for 2 years, but they don't mean much after 1 year.  They aren't gonna take those off.

Maxing out cards, (in my opinion so take it as that) in an effort to show the card issuer that you need more credit is a sure fire way to not get any more credit.  Seems they want to give it to you if you act like you don't need it.  Use your cards, Pay in full ( or let a balance of less than 10% utilization report). Take care of the 2 you have, and in a few short (although it seems neverending) months you will be looking better for better cards and limits.

Your mileage may vary .... good luck

Very good advice for the OP! Smiley Happy

(I had to learn the hard way Smiley Very Happy)

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.